Chapter 16

Izaya's POV

Shizu-chan stood up quietly, and he looked to be lost in thought. "Come with me, we need to talk." He held out his left hand, waiting. I got up by myself, not wanting to reveal my injuries to him just yet. He seemed a bit hurt that I didn't take his hand, but shrugged it off. He led me to his apartment, and all the while my inner alarm bells were blaring, telling me to run. I bit my lip as I followed him inside, carefully taking off my shoes, not wanting to disturb my wounds. He sat down on his couch, motioned for me to join him. I hesitantly complied, sitting down next to him.
"So...what do you want to talk about?" I asked nervously, looking down.
"You."

My eyes shot back up, meeting his gaze, "Me?? What about me?" I questioned, feeling like a cornered animal in a beast's den.
Shizuo swallowed before speaking again, "I haven't seen you since yesterday, and before that I hadn't seen you since you stormed out of Shinra's after trying to kill yourself."
I avoided looking him in the eyes, not sure what to say.
"I beat you up pretty bad yesterday too...and I wanted to know if you've been eating properly." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.
I sighed, leaning against him slightly, finding him strangely comforting when he's not trying to kill me. "I haven't really left my house up until yesterday...ya see...I have depression, as you would have guessed. But it's bipolar, so I always have ups and downs. One moment I just want to die, and the next I want to go toy with you. And it gets worse in the winter...I can barely get out of bed." Why the hell am I telling him all this, we're supposed to he enemies! "Yesterday I started feeling a lot better and I wanted to go play with my favorite monster..but I'm a lot weaker than usual from doing nearly nothing for months." Shizuo nodded, listening intently, like a mother wanting to know how her kids day at school was. "You ended up hurting me pretty badly, my wrist and a bunch of ribs are broken, and I have a huge gash on my leg that makes it hard to walk.." Stop! You're telling him your weaknesses! He'll use them against you like always and just like everyone else!
"And mentally I don't really know. I just feel empty and confused right now." I finished, staring down at the floor, waiting for him to kill me or respond.

I felt his arm wrap around me gently, pulling me close, "I'm sorry...Izaya."
No matter how many times he hugs me, it will never cease to surprise me. I hugged him back carefully, still wary of him. We were quiet for a while, enjoying the warmth of the other's embrace. "When was the last time you ate?" He asked after a bit.
"Honestly, I can't remember? Couldn't be bothered to make myself anything or to go get anything..." I replied, feeling a bit guilty. Shizuo hummed in response, releasing me from his arms as he rose to his feet. "Stay put, I'm making dinner." I nodded, watching as he left the room. I curled into a ball on his couch, taking off my coat to use as a blanket. I yawned, still exhausted even after sleeping so much. I fell into sleep, feeling unusually safe in the monsters lair.

Shizuo's POV

I quickly made the food, just some simple ramen, knowing the flea isn't a fan of any of my usual sweet dishes. I carefully brought the bowls to the living room, setting them on the coffee table before turning to examine Izaya. He was fast asleep, buried under his thick jacket. I smiled softly, a faint blush dusting my cheeks. I gently woke him, careful not to hurt him with my strength. "Foods ready." I watched as he quickly scarfed down the food, clearly not having eaten in days much to my disappointment. After we finished I brought the dishes to the sink. I sat back down next to the flea, wanting nothing more than for him to be happy and safe. "I'm sorry for yesterday..." I mumbled, understandably guilty.
Izaya shook his head, "Don't be sorry, I started it anyways...and I deserved it after ghosting you..."
I grabbed his face gently, cradling it in my hands. He visibly flinched at my touch, making me frown. "You don't deserve to be hurt, Flea." I said sternly, going to kiss him on the forehead before stopping myself, not wanting to make him uncomfortable.

Izaya's POV

I notice Shizu-chan going on to kiss me, before stopping himself. My cheeks heat and I pout slightly, wishing he would kiss me. I shake my head trying to clear my head from those thoughts. I hate to admit it, but I've always loved this stupid brute, from first day I laid my eyes on him in highschool. I hated the feeling and thought that if I made him hate me, the feelings would stop. Oh how wrong I was. I sighed, curling up against him, wanting nothing more than to sleep in his arms again.

I have smooth brain and have nothing better to do than write currently. Sorry if I make it repetitive or anything.