Chapter 12

Izaya's POV

I can feel the bubbly feeling wearing off, waking me from my near napping state. The joy replaced with rage and fear, so strong I didn't recognize it. I can't breathe. I need to out of here. The strong sterile scent driving me mad. I pushed myself out of Shizu-chan's arms, my eyes narrowing as I looked around.
"Izaya?" A deep voice called out, full of concern. I didn't respond, instead focusing on the needle stuck in my arm. I ripped it out roughly, a bad move as blood quickly started escaping from my wrist.
Shizuo seemed to notice the blood, and quickly grabbed my wrists, squeezing them together and holding them over my head. "Let me go!" I screamed, writhing in his grip.
I slammed my feet into his chest, winding him. My feet dangled in the air, Shizuo holding me too high in the air for my feet to touch the ground. His grip loosens as he attempts to catch his breath. I managed to slide out of his grip, hitting the ground like a flour sack.
I lay there for a moment, disoriented.
I can't think. I can't breathe. Shizuo and Shinra are shouting, I don't know why or what they're saying. The vibrations from the blonde's booming voice can be felt through my chest. I feel so many feelings, but also none at all. All I can do now, is scream.

Shizuo's POV

'What the hell has gotten into him? He was fine just a moment ago, and now he's kicking and fighting like a caged animal?'
"Shinra! What the hell is wrong with him!?" I shouted at the doctor. "I told you the painkillers could make him lash out! Try to calm him down!" Shinra yelled back, cowering slightly, definitely not the fighting type. He wouldn't stand a chance against me or the flea, only reason no one would dare to hurt him is because of that fiancee of his.
My heart dropped into my gut as a blood curdling scream emerged from Izaya's chapped lips, eyes closed, nose scrunched.  His canines glinting as his mouth stretched wide as his scream grew louder. Shinra and I were taken a back, frozen in shock as he continued to scream loudly. After a few moments his screaming subsided, and he was left panting on the floor. I shook my head to clear it, and rushed to his side. I cradled his skeleton like frame in my arms, rocking him gently, not really sure of how to react in this situation.

Izaya's POV
My throat hurt, feeling as though I just swallowed mouthfuls of sand. My mind was coming back to me slowly, the effects of the painkillers subsiding. My body quickly began to ache, my wrists feeling as though they've been set on fire. I ignored the pain and examined my surroundings. I was in the monster's arms again, being cradled like a baby. I spotted Shinra from the corner of my eye, slinking towards me, needle in hand. I made eye contact with him, an animalistic growl rumbling through my chest. Shinra flinched at the noise, as I glared daggers into him. "Touch me with that needle and I'll cut you into pieces." I felt numb, physically and emotionally, except for the slight nagging pain of my wrists. I felt Shizuo shift to look down at me, "You okay, Izaya?" Him calling me by my name still felt foreign to my ears.

I swiftly exited his comforting grip, standing up and grabbing my clothes off the counter. Too tired to put on my usual joyful mask, I simply stated, "I'll be taking my leave now, thank you for the help. Now please, leave me the fuck alone." I gave a fake smile before exiting, slamming the door behind me. I threw on my clothes in the hall, knowing Shinra owns the only apartment on this floor. I felt around in my pockets, cursing as I realized all of my blades are missing. 'Fuck it, I don't care if I get attacked or not, I just want to go home'
I quickly made my way out of the complex, senses on high alert to make sure the monster isn't on my tail. I cut through alleys and jumped fences, not wanting to leave myself in the open to be easily spotted. Luckily I made it home in one piece, save for a few cuts and bruises from stumbling and being careless with my body on my journey.
I collapsed in my bed immediately after arrived, falling into a fitful sleep.

Shizuo's POV
'What. The. Hell. Was. That.' I thought immediately after gathering myself from my shock. I swallowed my worry and concern for the flea, letting out a growl of frustration. We bust our asses to save his life and this is what he does? Fuck him. I don't need him. He'll be fine on his own. I scowled, shoving my hand roughly into my pockets and leaving the apartment without saying a weird to the confused doctor. I quickly lit up a cigarette and made my way home, smoking nearly the whole pack on the way.

Idk what the fuck I'm doing lmao
Reminder, they're still rivals, Shizuo just has a soft spot for the flea when he shows weakness. They still have a lot to work on.