Chapter 17

Izaya's POV

Only a few minutes had passed since we ate, and a snarl came from my stomach. Not one of hunger, clear by the bile rising in my throat and the urge to gag. Shizuo glimpsed at me, eyes full of worry. I got up quickly, not wanting to ruin anything with my vomit. I dashed to the bathroom, easily navigating the unfamiliar area. I gagged into the toilet, spilling my guts of all I had eaten. I flinched in surprise as Shizuo started rubbing my back. Once my fit was over, I grabbed a wad of toilet paper, wiping my mouth.

"Are you okay, Flea?" The brute asked quietly, still rubbing my back. I simply shook my head side to side. I'd had a hard time eating normally since highschool, wanting to be as thin and lithe as humanly possible. I habitually weighed myself everyday after showering, begging the world for me to have lost weight. I barely ate, and when I did it was usually just small snacks here and there, along with lots of coffee. Suddenly eating a full meal was too much for my stomach apparently.
I stumbled to my feet, rinsing out the vile taste with tap water from the sink. I felt disgusting, and guilty for wasting the food Shizu-chan prepared for me. I nearly fell to the ground, quickly being caught by the fake blond behind me.

Shizuo's POV

I carefully cradled the ravenette in my arms, he looked sickly and drained. A pit of worry grew in my stomach as I carried him to my bedroom, gently placing him on my bed. I curled up around him, wanting to protect him at all costs. He mumbled a weak thanks into my chest, clearly exhausted. I'll have to try to pry into him more tomorrow, I need to know what's causing this. What happened to my annoying and gleeful flea? Shinra said he'd been like this for years, but I couldn't help but to know what caused it all.
I glanced down at the louse in my arms, already asleep. I got up, careful not to wake him, and changed into a loose tshirt and some gym shorts. I climbed back into my bed, cuddling close to him. I placed a hesitant kiss on his forehead, before drifting off to sleep.