Chapter 25

Shizuo's POV

I sighed as I looked down at the sleeping raven in my arms. I gently wiped his face clean of tears, and placed a small kiss on his forehead.
Shinra said we could both leave in the morning, though I'd have to watch over the Flea again until he recovered.
Shinra had explained the extent of Izaya's injuries as he was fixing me up. Izaya had broken ribs again, no surprise. It was the other injuries that really bothered me though. He had a cigar burn on his arm, the old man clearly the culprit. He had many cuts and bruises everywhere, as well as the bullet wound to his thigh. His rectum was torn, and had to be stitched back together, I grimaced at the thought. His wrists were sprained from trying to escape, and his had severe rope burn there, as well as on his ankles. His lip was busted and he bad a black eye.
I ran my hand through his hair, still matted with dried blood.
I let sleep consume me as I snuggled the Flea, hoping he would recover quickly.

Izaya's POV
I shot up in the bed, nearly falling off if it weren't for Shizuo's arms wrapped around me. I panted heavily, looking around fearfully, my heartbeat in my ears. I sighed in relief, remembering that Shizu-chan, had in fact rescued me. I shifted against him, wincing at the pain even small movement triggered. I buried my face in his chest, inhaling his  scent combined with the smell of cigarettes. I didn't want to think of what happened, pushing the memories and thoughts to the back of my mind. I only focused on the man against me, relishing the happy feeling he brought.

It wasn't long before Shizu-chan began to stir, grunting as he shuffled to sit up. I gave him a small smile as he ruffled my hair. "You ready to go home?" He asked, and I nodded in response. The bed in Shinra's exam room was uncomfortable, and I longed for my comfy king sized bed back home. Shizuo left the room to talk to Shinra, and I fumbled to put on my change of clothes. It was a struggle, but I managed, limping out of the room once finished.

Celty gave us a ride, knowing we were both in no condition to walk all the way to Shinjuku. She brought us to Shizuo's apartment first so he could grab his things, before taking us to my apartment. 'Be careful you two.' She told us with her PDA, before taking her leave. Shizu-chan almost immediately lifted me in his arms, bringing me to the bathroom, confusing me. He drew me a bath, a I remembered I was still covered in blood and other stuff from the night previous. I cringed at the memories. Shizuo helped me strip and put me in the bath, much to my displeasure. I was embarrassed and felt like I was being babied, but was too tired to put up a fight. The brute washed my hair, dislodging the dried blood and leaving my hair smooth once more. He then gently washed my body with a cloth, and I couldn't help but blush and hide my face as he cleaned my lower parts. It wasn't long before I was all cleaned up and my bandages were replaced.

He brought me to my room, still naked and uncomfortable. He changed me into some of his clothes as to not disturb my wounds with my usual tight garments. Then we were cuddling in my bed, and I relaxed against him, comfortable.
I hadn't spoken since yesterday, my throat still incredibly sore. Shizu-chan was fairly quiet as well, clearly not knowing what to say. However, for once, I was okay with the silence, comfortable and safe.

We laid there for a while, quiet, not able to sleep. The silence was broken by a loud growl from the monster's stomach. I giggled as he groaned and got out of bed. "Guess I gotta eat...you want anything, Flea?" I shook my head, feeling ill at the mere mention of food. Shizuo raised an eyebrow as he exited my room. I managed to drag myself out of bed after a few moments, despite my body screaming in protest. I limped into the living room, nearly collapsing onto the couch.

Shizu-chan entered, looking surprised to see me there. He sat down next to where I was laying, handing me a bowl of oatmeal. I cringed away from the food, shaking my head.
"You need to eat, Izaya...you won't get any better unless you eat." Shizuo reasoned, the bowl still outstretched towards me. I sighed in defeat, knowing he's right. I took the bowl, sitting up, wincing in pain. I poked at the food tentatively with the spoon, trying to stimulate my appetite. I shoved a spoonful into my mouth, forcing myself to swallow. I grimaced, but continued eating absentmindedly, finishing the food. I set the empty bowl into the coffee table, recieved a congratulatory pat on the head from the man next to me, who had already finished his food by then.

I sighed tiredly, laying back down, resting my head on the brute's lap. I held one of the couch pillows against my chest. Shizuo turned on the TV, mindlessly scrolling through the channels. I quickly fell asleep with a full stomach, my hair being played with by Shizu-chan.

Basically after experiencing that trauma again Izaya
1. Has a fucked up throat so it hurts to talk
2. Has gone selectively mute as a coping mechanism, which is something that I do irl