Chapter 20

No one's POV

A few days had passed, and Shizuo had requested off work to spend more time with Izaya, not wanting the flea to hurt himself or anything. Izaya had made himself comfortable in Shizuo's apartment, however longed to go home, knowing he had work to do. Things had been peaceful, though they hadn't talked much about their feelings for each other since a few days prior. In the time they spent together, the monster learned more about his precious flea. 
1. The flea was very ticklish
2. He dislikes sweets
3. His favorite food is ootoro
4. The flea had the most amazing smile when it was genuine
He hadn't learned much more than that, and was a bit disappointed, but didn't want to pry and ruin what little trust Izaya had with him.

Izaya's POV

"Hey...Shizu-chan?" I questioned quietly, a bit nervous to ask. The fake blond hummed in response, glancing up from his phone.
"Maybe can I go home? I have work to do...and I want to make sure Namie hasn't destroyed the place while I was gone..." I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, scared he'd get mad at me for asking.
Shizuo looked a bit surprised, before thinking for a moment. He gave me a small nod, "Just...be careful Izaya. I don't want you to get hurt again. And as always you can call me if you're in trouble or anything?" He sighed before continuing, "And you're always welcome here, and all that." I smiled gleefully, jumping to my feet, "Yay! Thank you Shizu-chan!" I gave him a quick hug before dashing out the door, freedom at last.
I hated to admit it, but I enjoyed staying with Shizu-chan. But duty calls, y'know. I made my way to my apartment hastily, still a bit nervous to be on my own. The goons who stabbed me are probably still out there, waiting. I shivered at the thought as I made my way into the building, quickly reaching the door to my apartment. I fumbled with my keys for a moment before stepping inside with a relieved sigh.
I see Namie glance up from her desk, "Oh what a pity, you're not dead." I try not to let it get to me, knowing this is just the way she is. "Ah you would have loved that wouldn't you, so you could spend more time with your precious Seiji, nee?" She glared daggers into me. I smirked in response, always enjoying teasing her. I'd like to think of her as my friend, but I knew better. I hopped into my computer chair, spinning around before focusing on the screen.
"Where were you anyways? You sent me on vacation for months but when I come back you're missing for days. Didn't even bother texting me other than to send me money." Her eyes turned to me. I sighed, deciding to be honest with her for once, but not telling her the full story, "Ehh, got beat up my a client gone wrong, got stabbed. Shizu-chan found me and now we're on good terms?"
Namie looked at me as though I had three heads, "You, and him? On good terms?" I nodded. "No way, you must have hit your head pretty hard in the fight against that guy." She scoffed, focusing again on her work. I shrugged, doing the same.

Namie left a few hours later, having finished with her work. I tried to contact Shiki, to let it be known that I was still alive. Shiki and his group were not to fuck around with. Izaya never cared much for that though,  Hmph. Shiki didn't answer, annoying me. He was always prompt with responding, and getting no answer from a man like him always meant trouble. I had a little power over the Awakusu and Yakuza, however I knew one wrong step would leave me royally fucked. Shiki probably took my absence as me abandoning them, which was a death sentence 99% of the time.

I bit my lip nervously, trying to catch up with everything I'd missed. It was clear at this point that Shiki wanted my head for breaking his code of honor. However, what honor did a flea such as myself have in the first place?
I furrowed my brows, trying to think of a way to get out of this.
I could hide out in one of my safe houses until this shitstorm settles? Nah, the Awakusu would easily find those, as Shiki had been to them on occasion for business. I could tell Shizu-chan and maybe hire him as my bodyguard? Also a bad idea, he could get hurt because of my idiocy.
The group who tried to kill me were probably still out and about as well.
'It's like I'm sinking in quicksand and I can't get out...'
I was overthinking at this point, face buried in my hands.
Suddenly I was jerked out of my thoughts by a knock on the door.

'Well, fuck'

Agh this is so cliche rip