Chapter 4

Shizuo's POV

I watch in shock as the pathetic creature in front of me, unconscious and covered in vomit. I groan, nearly gagging myself at the smell and sight. I carefully carry the flea to his bathroom, my face reddening as I strip his clothes. I clean him with a damp cloth, careful to avoid his wounds. I change the bandages and bring him back to his room, looking for fresh clothes. I am surprised at what I see hidden in some of the drawers. Multiple blades of every shape and size, bandages and gauze, as well as sex toys I'd never imagine him owning. My face heated however I quickly managed to change him. Some fluffy pajama bottoms and a baggy tshirt.

While changing him I use my chance to inspect the Flea's body. The first thing that catches my eye is the countless number of scars littering his frame. Some look to be from bullet wounds, other stab wounds, others gashes, and some even self inflicted. Some of the self inflicted wounds are still healing, some looking all too fresh, others jagged scars covering his wrists and thighs. Not to mention the countless bruises nearly covering his torso in their purple hue. He was painfully thin, bones visible and stomach sunken. A pang of guilt and pity stabs through my heart. In the end, he's just a human. Weak and mortal.
How could I let my rage let me hurt him so badly, not knowing he too has his own demons to battle.

I carefully wrap my arms around the sleeping flea, his breathing soft. I place my lips gently against his forehead, pulling away quickly in realization of my actions. I shrugged it off as instinct before falling into slumber.