15

Everyone sat down at the table and Jeongguk made sure his mate sat down next to him.

Jeongguk's mother distributed the food as Jimin, Hoseok and Yoongi talked animatedly. Taehyung felt like an intruder but as Jeongguk put his hand on his thigh, a calming energy flowed through his body.

It seemed that Jeongguk and his father had a wordless communication. Taehyung watched it out of the corner of his eye, so they both wouldn't notice.

'Dad, he's my mate.'

'I already had a hunch. You would never bring someone from outside if it wouldn't be someone special. '

'He is something special. He doesn't even know it. '

'What do you mean by that?'

'Taehyung is an Omega or Beta. I suspect the former. I think his brothers are also wolves but for some reason they prevent Taehyung from being aware of it. I can't smell any of them. '

'Why do you think he is a wolf? I can't feel anything either, he seems like a normal human.'

'He feels the bond between us. He also couldn't enter our area until I had invited him. Humans can usually easily enter our ground.'

His father looked thoughtful. He took a good look at Taehyung and then rubbed his chin.

"Taehyung?" He addressed the boy.

"Yes?" The timid boy paid attention to Jeongguk's father.

"May I know who your parents are?" Maybe this would clear up a lot.

"Oh, of course, my parents were the owners of Kim corporations, but they had a fatal accident several years ago." Taehyung could talk about it now without crying. He missed them but the wounds started to heal.

"Hmm, I understand, I'm really sorry for you." Mr. Jeon didn't know the previous owners of the company well. What he definitely knew was, that they weren't wolves.

"Were you adopted?" He didn't give up yet.

"Uh, yes, my brothers and I came into the family when I was three years old." He felt like he was in an interview, but oddly enough, he had no problem telling his story, which he always wanted to keep secret, from strangers. They weren't any people though. It was Jeongguk's family.

Yoongi and Hoseok listened attentively. They could feel that he was the one they had been looking for for years. Jeongguk was his mate, what did that mean?

The fact that her instinct had led them to this pack was simply intoxicating. Never in their life had the two thought to ever meet him alive again.

Yoongi couldn't hold back, he just had to know. "Did your brothers ever tell about us, my name is Min Yoongi and this is Jung Hoseok, is there anything ringing for you?"

Hoseok nudged him in shock. "What are you doing?" His voice was only a whisper but everyone but Taehyung could clearly hear him.

Yoongi pushed Hoseok's hand away from his arm while his eyes never left Taehyung's.

"Huh? Not that I know, but I feel like I know you, I just can't remember where from." Taehyung rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

Hoseok swallowed clearly nervously. "You're right, we kinf of know each other, we grew up together for three years, it's not uncommon for you to have that feeling. Our smell hasn't changed since then, well, maybe a bit, since we both found our life partners and it's  mixed up now."

Taehyung gasped. What did Hoseok mean by that? "We grew up together, are you sure? I was too young to remember anything, and my brain isn't really able to remember odors for decades, at least that's what I'm assuming." He laughed at the thought of recognizing smells. It was absurd.