The Incredible Dolly Lang Part 2

The silence seemed deafening. Both men looked at me with slight concern after they finished briefing me. In front of me on the coffee table sat the folder that explained everything in more detail. The folder was thick, papers tucked away inside it along with the neat Confidential stamp slapped onto the front of the folder. I glanced between the two men and licked my lips before clearing my throat.

"So... let me get this straight..." I said as I sat back in the chair. "Mr. Lang, the genius engineer... couldn't have children, wanted to give Mrs. Lang children so he... he... engineered children, he made.. dolls because she loved dolls. He made her small children?" I was very confused and as I looked at them I could see they were not 100% sure either.

"We do not know the ins and out Miss. We only know what we've been told under client confidentiality." Mr. Devros said firmly.

"Right. Okay, so you're saying she had this... little children. Where are they? Cause my brother and myself have lived here for quite some time and we've never seen these other children, or.. walking, talking dolls?" I questioned them. The taller one looked at the will and then back at me.

"We've been told they have remained in Mrs. Lang's care. So, we assume they reside here in the house with her."

"How? Like I said we've never seen....." I paused, frozen as my brain kicked into overdrive. What if they were here, what if they've been here all along... hidden. I looked between both men and closed my mouth before responding again.

"So is that the reading of the full will? Do I need to sign anything more?" I asked. Both men looked at each other.

"You agree to the will, yes? If so all we need is for you to sign this form..." Mr. Davros handed me another thinner packet to sign. I signed the marked areas and handed the packet back to them. The taller gentleman stood and bother offered their hands for a shake.

"Miss Kaunge, it's been a pleasure. We will put these in today for process and you should hear from us no later than Monday of next week." I nodded and smiled, walking both men to the door. They bowed to me and I bowed back as they walked down the steps and to their car. I shut the door as their car started, leaning my back against the door I looked up the spiral staircase.

"The attic room..." I muttered to myself. I made my way up the stairs, taking two steps at a time. Kai came out of his room as I stride down the hall and passed his door.

"Hey sis, are they...." I held my hand up to him and he hushed, watching me curiously. I put my hand on the round door knob of the attic room door and tried to turn it but it was locked. I crouched down and examined the key hole.

"Where would she have kept the key to this room?" I asked absentmindedly out loud. Kai looked at me and pointed downstairs.

"I mean... she had us move everything down stairs to her room. So It would be there right? What's going on Y/N?" He asked, slight worry coming through with his expression.

"Follow me... I'll tell you what I was told and what I think." I said softly, glancing at the door. I placed my ear against the door for a second but heard nothing. I then walked back down the hall to the top of the stairs. Kai was right behind me as I descended the staircase. We moved through the large house, through the kitchen to the long hallway and into her room. Kai helped me search through Mrs. Lang's boxes of paperwork, folders pertaining to her business, which I kept aside since I would be needing those papers. It seemed like we had been searching nearly all day when finally Kai shouted.

"Aha! I think I got it!" He yelled even though I was like four feet away from him. I smiled at his enthusiasm though.

"You got the key?" I asked him. He held the gold slightly rusted key up by the handle of it.