Moving Forward

(Pic Credit to the talented ARMY whose signature is on this piece, but is too small for my blind self to read >.< )

 The next week went by pretty fast, Kai had returned to school and I returned to work. For the first few days every customer who came in wished me their condolences, and I got pulled into hour long conversations about Mrs. Lang and how sweet she was. There were questions on what I'd do with the shop, if it would stay opened and if I would continue with it the way Mrs. Lang ran it. Which told me that those customers who asked were worried a younger woman like me might hike up the prices on things. I assured them that I had no such plan to do so. Honestly I had enough money now to sit at home not do anything, but I wasn't that kind of person. I liked working here, I liked the people. It reminded me of happier times, being a little girl and playing with my dollhouse. A much simpler time.

Friday rolled around and Kai was going to spend a few nights at a friends house, I'd okay-ed it, it was a friend I knew, and Kai had been to his house plenty of times. With that I was just cooking dinner alone in the kitchen till I was finally graced with the company of one of the smaller members of the house.

"What are you cooking tonight?" Jin asked as he watched me cutting some onions. He looked super adorable wearing a white sweater with little pink flowers on it. Some slightly baggy looking black pants and cute little white sneakers. I looked at him and smiled.

"I felt like making a stir fry. The meat's over there." I pointed to the large skillet that was ready and waiting for the onions. I'd already cut up the greens and carrots into thin long slices. Added the bell pepper slices as well. Jin looked pleased with it and smiled brightly.

"It looks good, can't wait to taste it." He practically giggled.

"So... the others still don't feel comfortable enough to come out hm?" I asked. Jin's smile faded.

"I'm sorry about Namjoon. Some of us overheard him and it wasn't nice of him to take his sadness and anger out on you. Most of us know you don't mean to treat us so differently, but you should know we're alive like you. And being called dolls isn't exactly something we're keen on." He let me know, and honestly I was thankful. I still felt like he wasn't telling me something. But I wasn't going to push.

"I'm sorry for that. I was just... it's not easy you know. Our parents died when Kai was so young, and then to have Mrs. Lang swoop in to the rescue, and now she's gone. And I.. we knew nothing about you. So when I'm being handed a file that says you're some sort of living dolls, and that you are property and not belong to me... well I was set up with this idea. But you're not property. And I'm sorry for thinking that way, even if it was only briefly." I replied to him, I wanted him to know I wouldn't think of them as nothing but dolls again. I wanted them to feel comfortable, to be able to venture around the house as much as they wanted. But I didn't know what to offer.... Wait.

"Jin?" I asked.

"Hm?" He responded, looking at me curiously.

"You all mentioned you liked my dollhouse right?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's huge! Also it looks comfy, like a real home. Not to mention it's perfect sized for us." He giggled and smiled brightly. It was adorable. "I've always wondered what it looks like on the inside though... we caught a peek at it once, but that was when you first moved in and had it opened often. You change the inside every year and it's been a few years since we could even try to sneak a peek." He pouted a bit and I could see he really was curious about the dollhouse.

"How would you and the others like to see it after dinner?" I asked. Jin's eyes widened and his smile got bigger.

"Yes! Oh yes yes!" He replied.