10 Minutes

Time ticked by, I watched the clock on the wall as these seven men tried to explain everything that had just happened. Not just that even, they were trying to tell me more things. Seven voices blending together in my head like some messy runny paint that was dripping down a wall and blending together. The sound was beautiful but it was chaos.

"And we-"

"Yeah but she-"

"Will you just let me-"

I couldn't take any more of it, I was losing patience.

"QUIET!" I yelled as loud as I could, running my hands through my messy hair. The seven of them suddenly disappeared from view as I got up from the couch I was seated on. I looked down at the coffee table to see the seven of them climbing up and standing side by side. I guess they decided now was a great time to be small. Maybe I was too harsh. They all looked at me with their adorable big eyes and I let out a sigh.

"Sorry I yelled, I just... I need you guys to slow down and tell me what happened." As they all went to open their mouths I held my hand up at them. "No... One. At. A. Time." I said pointedly. I looked at them and my eyes fell on the adorable dimpled one. "Namjoon, since you seem to be the ring leader here maybe you can explain to me why my brother is missing and why the seven of you didn't seem to do anything about it?" I asked, trying my best not to sound angry.

"First off." Namjoon stepped forward as he spoke. "You seem to like us better like this so that's why we're small again. Second... Kai is fine, no one is going to harm him." He stated and I leaned forward a bit.

"And how do you know that?" I asked, my voice slightly lower and rougher than normal. I was angry and that emotion was slipping out.

"We know because Jin Hyung is a brilliant hacker." Namjoon replied. "We told you who created us, we told you that we were made to protect you. Well, that was our primary mission once Grandpa Lang got sick. He knew that your parents could be next. We told you we were looking for these bad men... but we kind of left out that we'd been tracking and killing them down for years." He said, his eyes focused on mine as my head tried to break down and process what he was telling me.

"Wait.. Killed?" I asked slightly confused. I mean, these are seven adorable little... oh right, they have the ability to turn into full grown men too.

"Yes, killed. As in dead, no longer among the living." Namjoon replied. "Look, I know it sounds scary and bad. Essentially we are killers... to a degree." Namjoon tried to explain.

"Yeah, we only smoke the bad guys." Jungkook added.

"We do it for you." Jimin spoke as he gave me a cute smile. He looked so innocent, it was difficult picturing them as killers. But, their grown up forms were far more intimidating. I sighed and sat back.

"Y/N, I know this is a lot. But we only have ten minutes to get you to understand, and those ten minutes are dwindling fast." Jin said and then he hopped off the table and turned big again. Yeah, I was never going to get use to that.

"Y/N..." He said softly as he leaned over me on the couch, his arms bracing the back of the couch as his head lowered a bit. He removed one hand to tuck some of my messy hair behind my ear. "We need you to understand that we take this seriously. We are never going to let anything happen to you or the boy. You belong to us." His words left me a little breathless, or maybe it was because grown Jin was way too close to my face and his gaze was very intimidating. Yet his eyes spoke nothing but love and care. I didn't know what to think but I figured nodding would do.

"Listen to me, we love you. We care about the boy and we will get him back. They took him because they knew we would go after him." He said softly, his lips closing in on mine. His lips brushed against mine and I could smell the sweetness on his breath, it honestly left me breathless.