Morning Truth Bombs

(Above pic by cmykidd)

 Kai woke up around eight AM the next morning. He was groggily looking around when he paused just as he was sitting up.

"I'm in my... room?" He rubbed his eyes and looked around again. His full size pillow top mattress beneath him with his dark blue sheets and blue and light gray comforter covering his body. He looked down to see he was no longer wearing the hospital gown he'd been subjected to wearing a few days ago. His cuts and bumps were changed from the day prior as well. Just then his head jolted to the left as his bedroom door opened.

In came Tae and Jimin along with Namjoon. The three carrying in some food and medical supplies to change Kai's bandages. Kai blinked repeatedly as he watched the three shuffle in. Jimin and Namjoon set the two trays of food down on the bed and moved aside to let Tae through. No one said a word at first, Kai was still blinking and then he gently rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things.

"Y-You're Y/N's boyfriends. Right?" He asked a little nervously. Namjoon smiled as Tae sat down on the end of Kai's bed, clean wipes, ointment, and fresh bandages in hand. Tae smiled his boxy smile and Kai looked at him strangely.

"Jungkook will be up here in a bit to play some video games with you." Tae said. Kai's eyes widened a bit and Namjoon stepped around for a moment as he feared the boy was about to bolt.

"But Jin made breakfast and I'm here to change your bandages.. since Hobi is busy." He added. Kai looked between the three of them, realization hit and he scooted back against the headboard of his bed.

"Wait... y-you're not. Y-you're.... No, you couldn't be...." He muttered out loud. Tae nodded.

"Yup. We are." He grinned wide again at the boy as he got ready to change the bandages. Namjoon crouched down beside the bed and smiled.

"Look, I know this might be a huge shock okay. I get it. The first time we shifted into our... well.. more adult selves we were pretty freaked out too. But I promise you, you're not going to be harmed." Namjoon's voice was soothing, relaxing and soft yet still deep and strong. Kai looked at all three of them again.

"So.. what are you?" He asked. Tae pointed to his arm and the boy scooted back down the bed and held his arm out so Tae could change the bandage on his elbow.

"Well." Namjoon began. "It's a little difficult to explain. We're bio engineered."

"What does that mean?" Kai asked.

"It means, we were created- Grown in an artificial womb. Our genetic make-up was engineered. Kind of like... what your dad did for a living." Namjoon explained. Kai's eyes lit up a little at the mention of his father.

"You knew my dad?" He asked. Tae nodded with a smile as he moved and put the boy's leg onto his lap so he could change the bandage on Kai's knee.

"Yup. He helped Grandpa make us." Tae replied. Kai's eyes widened.

"Really?"

"Yes. You're dad was very helpful. Mr. Lang... or Grandpa as we had called him, had changed our genetics a few times. He got flustered and went to your dad since they worked at the same lab. Your dad helped him make us better." Jimin added in. Kai looked around again and once Tae got up after changing the boy's bandages he suddenly shrank right before Kai's eyes. Kai jumped in surprise and Namjoon turned and scooped Tae up in his hand. He showed him to Kai and Kai looked on in amazement.

"Wow..." He breathed out in shock and amazement. "Those pain killers are something else.. I'm seeing big people turn to little people..." Kai added as he watched little Tae hop onto the bed from Namjoon's hand. Namjoon chuckled a bit.