Retribution

(Jin's POV)

"Namjoon, where are we going?" I asked from the back seat of the van. Yoongi was in the passenger seat as Namjoon drove.

"Jin, you know what I like about you?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm incredibly handsome, some would say the most handsome in all of existence." I retorted, I figured if I could get him to loosen up some he might be willing to share what's going on in that big brain of his.

"Funny, but no. I mean, yes you're handsome but no to everything else about that reply of yours." He attempted to deflate my confidence, he should have known better.

"Don't be mad because I'm more handsome than you and you think that Y/N only loves me for this incredible face of mine, my wit, and my absolutely amazing charm, not to mention my unrivaled cooking skills. I'm sure she likes looking at your long legs at least." I chuckled a bit, I was only playing with him but the way he glared at me in the rear-view mirror had me sitting back and regretting the choice I made to joke around.

"Sorry." I said simply and he nodded.

"I was going to say that despite everything you're usually quick to pick up on certain things. So do tell me Hyung, what did we find in those files?" He asked.

"Well, the plans for the warehouse which kind of helped us greatly." I answered.

"Right, but what else?" He asked and it took me a few moments to run down all those files.

"B & W's staff, board member infor- Oohhh" I caught myself mid sentence. Namjoon nodded and pressed his lips together for a moment.

"And what did Hobi and I manage to catch a recording of?" He asked. I had to think back to their last mission. Hoseok had bugged the car and there was a voice.

"The voice, the person we didn't know who it was but it turned out to be that Doctor." I replied.

"Yes, and Yoongi and Tae came back with some valuable information- didn't they?" Namjoon asked. "We took care of Marina Park, Ray Li was the asshole from tonight. But we overlooked someone didn't we?" Namjoon was focused on the road, beside him Yoongi growled.

"Alex... fucking Fischer." I could almost see Yoongi's face grow red with anger.

"We're going to the government office? This late?" Jimin asked from beside me.

"No, boys. Tonight, we're making a house call." Joon's tone was laced with venom. I knew they were all pissed, hell I pissed too but I had to try and stay lighthearted. Not for myself, not for anyone really... just her. I really hope Hoseok had a plan.

--------------------------------

(Hoseok's POV)

"Hyung?" Kai pulled me from my train of thought. "What is all this?" He asked innocently. I envied the boy for his innocence, and ignorance.

"Grandpa... Mr. Lang years ago came up with a theory. He thought- what if people could be not only grown in an artificial womb but also altered? What if we could be genetically powered? We could become damn near invincible." I answered him, though the poor boy still looked confused.

"Okay, so is this where you were created then?" He asked. I smiled at him.

"I knew you were a bright boy." I replied as I pulled one of the panels off the far side wall. Y/N was on the table near us. I had given her a shot that put her into a deep slumber, Kai was relieved that she was no longer groaning in pain but the kid was still scared for her, he was fearing the worse but here I was- About to play god.