Secret Cuddles

Kai was half asleep in his hospital bed, the heavy cotton blanket over him to keep the chill of the room off his skin. He had been awake earlier to take some medicine that the nurse brought into him, just some pain killers to help him get some much needed rest. The boy laid there trying to slip into slumber but something kept bothering him, every time he closed his eyes he could see that black SUV with tinted windows that followed them.

He didn't move when his door opened and closed just as softly after five men came into the room. In fact he didn't even look to see who it was, assuming it was a nurse to check on something. However it was Jungkook tripping over a roll away table that held what was presumably the kids dinner, well what was left anyway. The other four looked at him and Kai slowly turned his head.

"Oh... uh.. you must have the wrong room." The boy said to the five older males now looking at him.

"Oh. You're Kai, right?" Namjoon spoke first, mentally trying to come up with an excuse as they weren't exactly planning on Kai being awake for this.

"Y-yeah that's me." He said with a tone filled with confusion. They were like statues for a moment, the five men looking at Kai as the boy looked between all of them. The confusion in his eyes was slowly turning into worry. That's when Yoongi stepped forward with the biggest smile and suddenly warm and happy persona.

"Ah, finally we meet the kid brother. Y/N has talked a lot about you. We're her boyfriends, and emergency contacts. Oh man." Yoongi's smile faded as he sat beside the bed in the wooden chair that was placed there. Worry and concern laced in his voice as he patted Kai on the shoulder.

"We're so glad you're okay. We were so worried when they called us. I mean... it's just.. horrible. I really wish we could have met under better circumstances." Yoongi faigned a smile and looked at the others. "Right guys, I mean we were so glad to hear you were okay." Jin was the one glaring at Yoongi as Namjoon decided to go with the flow.

"Yeah. I mean we're really worried about your sister but it's really good that you're okay." Jin glared at Namjoon as he spoke, Namjoon just shrugged at the older and joined Yoongi beside the boy.

"Wait.." Kai managed to get out. "So... my sister is... dating all of you?" He asked with apparent confusion. "At the same time?" He added the second question, both throwing the five men for a loop. Hoseok decided to smile and be his bright self.

"Oh yeah, of course." Hoseok said with confidence.

"Wow.. she never told me, is... is polyamory even legal?" Kai asked and four of the men looked at Namjoon who shrugged at them before smiling back at Kai.

"Of course it's legal. You can't stop love. But you didn't know about it because well... those kind of relationships aren't accepted by most of the public." He replied to the boy. Kai nodded drowsily. Still not fully comprehending everything.

"Oh, okay. They told me Y/N was still in recovery... that she can't go home yet but that they'd let me stay here till then since she's my only family." He yawned a bit as he spoke.

"Okay, well why don't you go to sleep Kai. We'll go check on your sister." Jin said softly. The boy nodded and tilted his head against the pillow as he closed his eyes. The five exited the room to talk outside. The hall completely empty except for Jimin and Tae walking down the hall with their shirts half undone.

"What the hell happened to you two?" Jin asked. Jimin and Tae both smiling as they approached.

"Oh you know, just taking care of some pent up women in need. I mean, they save lives... it's the least we can do." Jimin winked.