Chapter 2

The next morning I woke up with a smile on my face. I hadn't the slightest idea why. I brushed my blonde hair into a pony tail, and dressed in a white dress shirt, brown vest, brown skirt, and gray pants. I packed my book bag with a notepad and pencils, a sketchbook, and my camera.

I walked to my balcony. The sky was a clear blue, with white fluffy clouds all over. Jack's song was stuck in my head and I couldn't help but start singing,

"When the early hours have come and gone
Through the misty morning showers
I greet the dawn'
For when the light has hit the ground
There's lots of treasures to be found
Underneath the lovely London sky"

I looked at the lamppost on my street and whilst I was singing the one and only Jack rode by to turn it off.

"Jack!" I called out waving at the man. He smiled a big ear to ear grin, "Miss Julia" he bowed taking his cap off.

I called out, "Beautiful day!"

"Might I be so kind to say you look lov'el'y Miss" he smiled holding his hat.

I giggled and blushed a little.

He grabbed his ladder and used it to climb up to my balcony. He sat on the edge smiling at me.

"Now you don't 'ave to shout to talk to meh".  He smirked brown eyes sparkling.

"Are you goin' somewhere" he gestured at my book bag.

"Didn't I tell you? I'm a writer. I have to go to the print shop then I get to spend the rest of my day writing."

"That's a real nice job. I'm sure you write lov'el'y stories ma'am"

"I try" I said with a shrug, "My editor doesn't think so"

"Well I'm sure she's mistaken"

I giggled. "I ever tell you, you have a lov'el'y laugh" Jack smiled.

"No, I don't believe you have"

"Well you do!"

"Would you like some tea?" I said encouraging for him to come in.

"Is that alright with you?"

"Of course, come on" I waved him inside. He followed a smile on his face. I poured some earl grey tea then handed him the cup.

"Ooh that's good isn't it?" He laughed drinking slowly.

I smiled drinking my own cup. He looked around my home, and said "You've got yourself a real nice place Julia"

I smirked at him then checked the time, and told him, "I really do have to get going"

"Can I give you a ride?"

"No that's okay, thank you Jack"

"Oh, I insist. C'mon"

"No it's fine"

"Please, you gave me some tea now let me return the favor."

"Well I'm repaying you from yesterday"

"How 'bout I walk ya?"

"Goodbye!" I said leaving my home and Jack befuddled. I started walking, he rode past on his bike moments later, then stopping in front of me. "Please" he said pouting his lip. I smiled and walked around him. "No thanks, I'm fine"

"Well I didn't ask if you's was fine, I was askin' if you need a ride" he smirked.

I kept walking and soon he was walking beside me. "Where's your bike" I said. "Chained up back there. I doubt anyone trying to steal it. It's a beat up ol' thing"