Chapter 11

*OMG WE HIT A HUNDRED READS! THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH!!❤️❤️❤️*

*Jack's POV*

I woke up in Julia's bed. She wasn't there, I peeked around the room not seeing her.

I walked around the house, she wasn't in the kitchen or living area. The bathroom door was adjacent.

I knocked lightly on the door, "Love you a'right?"

"Yeah. Come in" I heard her voice croak.

She was standing before the mirror holding a pair of scissors, locks of her blonde hair piled around her feet. It was shorter than her ears. I walked taking the scissors from her and snipping the places she couldn't reach and evening out the areas that weren't smooth.

She cried as the hair fell to her feet

She cried as the hair fell to her feet. I turned her to face me. Neither of us saying anything. She cried into my chest drowning me in her tears.

She was silent except for her gasps of air. I brushed my fingers through her now short hair. She locked her arms around my neck crying into my neck.

"Hush, luv, they can't 'urt ya anymore 'eh?"

She nodded.  I felt her knees buckle. I leaned and carried her back to bed. I decided we wouldn't go in to work today. Angus would cover for me. She held a pillow in her arms. I walked to the bathroom sweeping up her hair from the floor, then I walked to our kitchen making her a cup of tea.

I came back to her bedroom and made her sip the warm liquid. She patted the space next to her letting me crawl in beside her. She wrapped her arms around my waist. I pressed a kiss to the top of her head. She looked upwards. My thumb wiped a tear that fell, "No more tears love, eh?"

She smiled pressing a kiss to my jaw. I realized she was still in her dress from last night, it was soaked in tears and vomit from the drunken man.

I carried her to the bathroom, and turning on the shower head. I unzipped her dress pulling it off her shoulders. She was wearing nothing but the under layers of her dress. I pressed a kiss to her bare shoulder and leaving her to take her shower.

I stood in our kitchen making her some soup. The shower must've helped because she came and wrapped her arms around my torso.

She pressed a kiss to my neck, making me smile.

"Better?" I asked stirring our lunch.

"Yes" she barely whispered.

I turned in her arms. "I'm sorry" she said laying her hand on my chest.

"You 'ave nothin' to be sorry for love."

"It's all my fault Jack"

"No. No it's not" my hands wrapped protectively around her.

She sniffled.

I sang softly to her, swaying us back and forth,

"Life's a balloon
That tumbles or rises
Dependin' on what is inside
Fill it with 'ope
And playful surprises
And oh, deary ducks
Then you're in for a ride"

"What've I done to deserve you" she sighed.

"It's the other way 'round love."

"Look inside the balloon
And if you 'ear a tune
There's no where to go but up
Choose the secret we know
Before life makes us grow
There's nowhere to go but up"

"Can we stay in today? I'm much better but I just want to stay inside"

"O'course. Anythin' ya want"

She looked upward and pecked my lips. 

I leaned down brushing my lips against her ear. "By the way, short hair on you is super sexy"

She blushed. "I love you"

"I love ya too"

She let me finish up making lunch and we ate mostly in silence.
~~~

*The next day and Julia's perspective*

I wake up in my bed, feeling a lot better. Jack had most likely gone to work. I stood taking off my pajamas and changing into a knee length navy blue skirt and white blouse. I changed into blue heels. I took a scarf and wrapped it around my hair a little embarrassed.

There was a knock at my balcony door.

I opened it to be met by favorite pair of brown eyes.

He held a gift bag in one hand and a coffee in the other.

I smiled pulling him into a hearty kiss.

I opened the gift bag. It was a bracelet made of beautiful polished sterling silver. It had gorgeous detailing in the metal, depictions of flowers, and trees. But the most spectacular thing was the note written on the inside of the band.

"All my love to thee- Jack"

I smiled at him. "Thank you"

"What's that?" He said pointing at my scarf and climbing inside.

"I, Uh. I'm embarrassed about my hair"

He pulled off the scarf, revealing my short blonde hair and letting his fingers run over my scalp.

I closed my eyes at the feeling. "Ya don't need that silly thing love".

I smiled wrapping him into a hug.

"I love you" he whispered. "I love you too"

"Alright I need to get to bed, and you need to get to work. Do you want me to drop you off?"

I considered it. Then shook my head. "No I'll be okay"

"Alright well when work gets out come straight home. I've got something planned."

I giggled pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Alright. I love you Jack"

He kissed me once and I left the house, feeling so much better.