Chapter 8

I walked home that day. I decided I wouldn't tell Jack that my book would be published, I guess because I wanted it to be a surprise. When I walked inside our house there was a basket on a table.

I shrugged it off and went to my bathroom to clean myself up. Jack knocked on the door. "Yeah?" I asked.

"I 'ave a surprise" he said peeking the door open.

I smirked but let him inside. He wrapped a kerchief around my eyes not letting me see anything. Next thing I knew I was on the back of his bike going somewhere.

After a while he stopped and picked me up bridal style carrying me over to somewhere. I felt him lean and set me down on something gently. I think it was grass.

"Now don't move" he commanded. I complied. I heard him ruffling around then I was being held in his arms again.

He sat me down on something, it felt like a blanket or tablecloth. He stepped behind and removed the kerchief.

I opened my eyes in excitement. And an "Awe!" escaped my lips.

Jack had set up a picnic. There was a basket with sandwiches, cheese, grapes, a bottle of wine.

"What do you think?" He asked sitting beside me.

"It's wonderful, I love it." I kissed his cheek. He blushed grabbing the wine and pouring me a glass. I grabbed some grapes popping them into my mouth.

"I figured we could 'ave a nice dinner together since I've been sick"

"Jack, you didn't need to do this."

I took a sip of my drink. He nodded, "No I did. You've done so much for me, I just figured it was time I do something for you in return".

I smiled at him, we enjoyed our sandwiches as the sun went down. Jack said he had one more thing for me. It was a picture of me on his back, when we went with Mary Poppins. My mouth was open in shock. "Do you like it?" I tackled him, crashing our lips together. "I'll take that as a yes" he giggled beneath me. As I held his cheek in my hand. This kiss was sweet, perfect. Nothing rough, just a thank you kiss.

Jack sat up, kissing me again. He wrapped an arm around my waist and curling  up against me. I wasn't sure how long we sat like that. Jack packed up the basket, then taking me to a place near the center of London.

"Where are we going?"

He smirked his smirk I had grown to love. He mimicked the nanny, "We're on the brink of an adventure Miss Brooks. Don't spoil it with too many questions."

I giggled at him. He led me to a place riddled with lamp posts. It was so beautiful. "This is amazing!"

"I'm glad you like it. It's an 'idden gem for us leeries."

I smiled taking in the place. Jack clapped his hands as some gentlemen came out. I recognized the leeries. All of them were holding some form of instrument. I giggled at Jack. He clapped his hands again, as Emily and Samuel emerged holding hands. Then Angus and a young woman. Probably his girlfriend. Phylis and her husband from work emerged. Then all of the Banks children, followed by Mary Poppins. Georgie Banks rushed foward crashing into my legs nearly toppling me over. "MISS BROOKS! I missed you so much!"