speedwagon x reader

title: my saturday is going very well

     It was sunny outside, and the rays of the sun crept in through the gaps underneath your bedroom curtains, waking you up slowly.

You woke up to a warm chest and an arm around your waist. Looking up slightly, you saw the slumbering face of your husband, Robert Speedwagon.

You and Robert had only gotten married the other week, and you had never felt so in love with one another before. Robert could never keep his arms from around you, nor could he keep his lips away from your face. Everyday, he showered you with little kisses and big hugs that really made your day. You felt like your relationship was far too good to be true.

This morning was obviously no different. As soon as you shifted to look at Robert, his eyes fluttered open and he looked straight down at you. He beamed and kissed you.

"Good morning," he said, in between kisses, "happy Saturday."

"Why, thank you," you replied, "and my Saturday is going very well so far."

"My Saturday is going perfectly because I'm waking up next to you, my love."

"Ack! That one was cheesy! I could smell it from here..."

"Don't call me cheesy! You should know by now that I address my undying love for you in cliche lines."

"Yes, Robert, I do know that. Now, how about some breakfast?"

Robert thought for a minute, his blond eyebrows scrunching up as he pondered your question. "I want to stay here for five more minutes. With you."

You could see through his plan. "But five minutes will turn to ten minutes-"

"- and ten minutes will turn into se-"

"Let's not go there this early in the morning, Robert."

He snorted. "I know, I know. Let's get up then."

========

     The bacon in the pan sizzled while you searched around in the pantry for spare eggs. Robert had always loved a good cooked breakfast - well, to be more specific, he loved your cooked breakfast. Most of the time, he refused to go elsewhere for dinner because he said that he'd much prefer your cooking.

     As you reached for the stool on the floor, a pair of arms wrapped around you to prevent you from going anywhere. Out of surprise, you gasped, and accidentally whipped Robert in the face with your hair.

     "Why does that sting?" Exclaimed Robert, while laughing, "I mean, it doesn't really sting that much, but it stings!"

     "Oh, I'm awfully sorry, my love! You just surprised me, is all, and I didn't mean to hurt you-"

     Robert quickly cut you off with a chaste kiss, silencing your sorries. After he pulled away, he held you tightly to his chest. "It's ok," he mumbled into your shoulder, "you don't need to apologise."

     "But I hurt y-"

     "Sh... let's just enjoy the peace, shall we...?"

     Robert slowly began dropping off, all the while holding on to you.

     "Robert?" You asked, tapping his arms, "Robert, are you awake?"

     Silence. "Robert?"

     He'd finally fallen asleep - you should've just let him rest. You sighed and smiled, slowly peeling his arms off of you and trying (and failing) to carry him to the loveseat. He woke up after his leg hit a table.

     "You really are trying to murder me, aren't you?"

     You gasped again, but didn't hit him with your hair this time. Robert snorted, and got off of you. "You didn't have to carry me, my dear."

     "Well, I couldn't have just left you to sleep in the pantry."

     "No, but you could've woken me up."

     "I tried and you didn't!"

     "You're hopeless! I'm the lightest sleeper you'll ever meet!"

     "Either you're lying, or I'm just really bad at waking people up."

     "Quite possibly the latter."

     "Shove off, Robert."

     "I love you too."

     "The bacon's burning, Robert."

     "Say it back, (name)."

     "Ugh, fine... I love you too."