(REQUEST) f.f. x reader

title: so what

requested by @snail-lesbian
thank you for 13k!!

It was the middle of summer in Florida, and there was a big fair going on in your town that afternoon. Your friends Jolyne, Hermes and F.F. had invited you to go with them and, of course, you being the not very busy individual you were, accepted, and now you had to figure out what fair-appropriate clothing was.

     A shirt and jeans...? A dress...? A jumpsuit...? You scanned through what was left in your wardrobe, standing in the middle of all of the clothing you'd strewn about the room earlier. It was difficult to choose as whatever you wore had to be impressive. I mean, you wanted F.F.'s attention, right?

...Oh yeah. You had this massive thing for F.F., and you had no idea what it was. But she was just so... cute, in her own special way, and it was hard not to love her.

I mean, sure, her hair was bizarre to say the least, and the fact that she was made of plankton was quite scary, but shouldn't people just look past those sorts of things? That's what you did, anyway.

Instead of the hair and non-humane aspects of F.F., you saw the genuine kindness that came directly from her heart, and the humour that flashed in her eyes whenever she'd successfully annoy someone, or even the sheer determination she had to protect Jolyne and anyone else.

I think I'll go with the overalls, you thought to yourself, picking out the denim clothes, and maybe that pale yellow shirt behind it.

Once you'd gotten that on and once you'd successfully done your hair, your thoughts were interrupted by a loud knock at the door. Running downstairs, you opened the door to see the familiar faces of Jolyne and F.F. Hermes was waiting in a car down your driveway.

"Hello!" Exclaimed F.F., throwing her arms up and giving you a very excited smile. "You ready?"

You nodded. "Yeah, i suppose. Is this fair-appropriate clothing?" Looking up and down yourself, you felt proud that you'd managed to pull off such a cute outfit. "I mean, it's not too much or too little, right?"

F.F. shook her head. "Of course not! You always dress so cute, (name)!"

Jolyne, sceptical of F.F.'S choice of words, nodded. "You do have a nice wardrobe."

"Thank you, F.F.!" Jolyne's comment almost went completely over your head. "Ah, and thank you, Jolyne."

"Are we going then? The more time we spend here, the less time we have at the fair." Jolyne began to walk down to the car, where Hermes was waiting. Hermes grinned at Jolyne, and then moved her head so that she could see you and F.F. clearer.

F.F. was still awkwardly watching you from your doorstep. She wasn't smiling, but her face was tinted rose as if she was thinking deeply about something. Her eyes were looking at your clothes still, and this only made you wonder if she felt the same way as you did.

She probably didn't, you thought, she would never.

"Hurry up, then!" Yelled Hermes, beeping the horn. "Get in the car, lovebirds!"

Your face began to burn up, and F.F. looked the same way. She turned around, clenching her fists, and yelled back, "shut up, Hermes!"