(REQUEST) n'doul x reader

title: the last time

requested by @the-lost_chicken

     "N'Doul," you began, weaving your hair into what could seem like a braid, "do you think that I should leave my hair down, or up?"

     The blind man thought for a minute. Although he couldn't see, his stand allowed him to sense the vibrations coming from the sounds of different things, allowing him to point out its exact appearance and position. In short, N'Doul could say how he preferred your hair without having to actually see it.

     "Down," he replied, "I like it down."

     "Down it is, then." You let your hair fall back over your shoulders as you released it from its braid. You had to admit - N'Doul knew what he was talking about. Somehow, your hair looked better down than up with the outfit you were wearing.

     N'Doul sighed and made his way over to you. "You're just going out to spy on the Joestars for a bit - you won't blend in at all if you care too much about your appearance."

     You turned around and placed your hands on his forearms, enjoying the feel of his muscles. "But if I care too little, I'll look like a beggar. Besides, this is Cairo, darling, everyone's either extremely rich or begging."

     "Either way, you'd blend in." His hands reached up to cover yours. "Begging or incredibly rich."

"Exactly! That's why I've got this on." You gestured to the long, white and Egyptian-styled dress you were wearing. The dress reached your feet and was loose enough to not sweat in. It was also very delicate, yet expensive-looking. You'd stand out in a crowd of poor people, but if you his with the right crowd... "I'll blend right in!"

N'Doul sighed again and rubbed circles into the backs of your palms with his calloused thumbs. He seemed so at peace, yet so uncomfortable at the same time. "I just don't want you to get caught, is all."

     You laughed. "Thanks, love."

     DIO didn't approve or frown upon romance in his mansion. Quite frankly, he didn't care, as long as they swore their loyalty to him and nobody else. He couldn't care less that you and N'Doul were seeing each other - in fact, he quite enjoyed watching the two of you awkwardly interact.

"No problem," he replied, scratching the back of his neck. "I think."

     You playfully scoffed and swatted his arm. "I'll be fine. I can tell you're worrying - I know you well."

     N'Doul sighed for what seemed like the umpteenth time. "I just feel as though you won't come back." The Egyptian lowered his head, dwelling on what could happen to you. "I don't want you to go."

"Oh, N'Doul," you cooed, reaching up to wrap your arms around his neck. "I'm honoured that you care about me so much! D'aww, I feel so loved."

N'Doul didn't say anything. He just stood in silence, with one of his hands rubbing circles into your lower back. You could tell that he was afraid; although, he wasn't really afraid of much. It's always great being loved by someone who hates everyone else.

"N'Doul," you whispered, putting a hand on his cheek. He leaned into it without a word. "I will never leave you."

He nodded. "Thank you."

"But." You removed your arms from around him, flattening down the skirts of your dress. "I do have to go now. I don't want DIO on my tail."

You gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before turning to head out of your room. As you took a step forward, N'Doul reaches forward and grabbed your arm, pulling you back in for an embrace. You could feel his hot breath on your neck as he sighed, and his head was buried there. His arms were wrapped tightly around your waist, almost as though he was afraid you'd disappear.

     Which was actually possible, by the way.

      "I'm sorry," he murmured, "I'm not usually like this."

     You laughed softly. "You're not, but that's alright. I like you when you're like this." You paused to press a kiss to his neck, watching as his ears went pink. "But calm down. I'll be alright."

     N'Doul let go and sighed. Seriously, how many times was he going to sigh? "You'll be alright. Ok." He moved so that he could look you in the eyes. "Go do your job."

     You smiled. "Thanks."

      The blind man watched in sadness as you turned the corner out of the door and left him. He felt quite lonely without you here, but he felt happy that he'd shared such a romantic moment with you. He looked forward for when you came back - he thought about how he'd embrace you tightly and never let go, and started planning on running away with you from DIO so that the pair of you could settle down elsewhere without having to worry about the Joestars.

     But who knows? That might've been the last romantic moment he'd ever share with you.