(REQUEST) jotaro x reader

title: she takes after me

requested by @Shi_no_hasu

     You wouldn't have expected Jotaro to be this type of man. I mean, with all the muscles, the sharp glare and the extreme height on him, surely Jotaro wouldn't be that type of man, right...?

     Jotaro sat at the tiny table at an equally as tiny chair, sipping from an even tinier pink plastic teacup and picking at some plastic food on his matching pink plate. His hat had been taken off and was being worn by someone about three feet smaller than he was. While he drank the tap water from the teacup, he raised his little finger, as per the little person's demands, and his legs were crossed as his usual outspreaded position 'wasn't ladylike' and Jotaro had to learn to be a 'proper lady'.

     That's right. It was teatime with Jolyne.

     Jolyne was wearing her butterfly costume; a pink dress with a very floaty skirt, and neon pink sparkly wings attached to it. Her hair was in her classic bun style, as she absolutely insisted that you did it for her in preparation for this outstanding event. Her face was very concentrated, and her eyebrows were furrowed as she carefully iced even more extremely sugary biscuits. One close look at Jotaro's face told you that he was most definitely not looking forward to being force-fed them.

     "Oi! Papa!" Jolyne huffed, glaring at Jotaro intensely, "you haven't eaten your biscuit yet! I made it purple too..."

     A look of worry genuinely flashed across Jotaro's face. "Ah. Sorry, Jolyne." Cautiously, he picked up the haphazardly purple biscuit and bit a part of it off. While trying to hide his extreme disgust at how sugary it was, he gave his best smile, and said, "it's really nice."

     Jolyne finished icing the other biscuits and dropped the icing pipe, putting her hands on her hips and grinning proudly. "I know. I made them myself."

     She threw a couple more biscuits onto Jotaro's plate and refilled his teacup with now-lukewarm water. The taller male gulped visibly, but when Jolyne looked up, he smiled softly. "Very nicely decorated, JoJo."

     "Is your voca-volc- volcanobrary only limited to the word nice, Papa?!" Jolyne scoffed, her five-year-old self showing through her words.

     Jotaro softly laughed, looking at his little daughter with a lot of love for a man like himself. "Vocabulary, Jolyne, it's pronounced vocabulary. You mixed up 'volcano' with 'vocabulary'."

     "Agh, same thing!" She huffed and took a sip of her water, folding her legs. "I don't like words. I don't like them at all, no I don't."

     "You don't?"

     "Nu-uh. Not one bit. I wish I could grow up and not say anything at all!"

     "But then you wouldn't make any friends."

     "You say that as if you have friends, Papa!"

     Jotaro almost choked on his water. He did have friends... but some of them were dead.

     He also knew that Jolyne would most probably have to suffer the same fate due to her being a Joestar, but he didn't want to think about that yet. After all, he just wanted to treasure what time he had with her before she grew up.

     ...actually, thinking about Jolyne growing up made Jotaro a bit sad too, so he immediately delved into the oddly shaped biscuits and ate them very dramatically to ensure that Jolyne knew that he really appreciated them. He was well aware that anyone who walked in would think that he was a right idiot, but they'd have to understand that this was his daughter he was acting for, and he was willing to look like anything for little JoJo.

     Speaking of someone walking in, you'd happened to walk in as soon as Jotaro made the most exaggerated crunch he could make, and he also did the weird thing that French chefs do when they really like their food, where they kiss their fingers and say something like 'magnifique!' - (he'd probably learnt that from Polnareff).

     You quietly laughed to yourself, but Jotaro had managed to hear you from across the room. Immediately, his face turned bright red and scrunched up. He hunched over the teacup and mumbled, "go away."

     Jolyne stood back up from where she was pouring herself another cup of water. "Yeah, ma! Go away!"

     "JoJo, don't repeat that." Jotaro muttered, although there was a sly smirk on his face.

     It only grew as Jolyne continued her mantra of, "go away! Go away! Go away! Go away!"

     Slowly, as Jolyne continued to chant, Jotaro's shoulders began to shake. For whatever reason, you thought that perhaps he was crying over something, but upon closer inspection you discovered that he was laughing. A rare sight, indeed - but the smile on his face was absolutely priceless, and you constantly tried to convince him that it really suited him, but he wouldn't have any of it.

     You and Jolyne were the only people he smiled for.

     And maybe those rocks in the desert too. But rocks are special.

     Once Jotaro noticed that the pair of you were watching him in silence, he sat up, but the smile was still there. He took his hat back from Jolyne, ruffled her hair up (she yelped) and then put his hat back on. His gaze turned to you, and his eyes un-crinkled themselves to look at you lovingly.

     "She really does take after me, doesn't she?"