(REQUEST) giorno x n!reader

title: the mafioso afraid of love

requested by @aReallyConfusedQueer
with they/them pronouns!!

(name) didn't quite know what to do.

In fact, they didn't know what to do half the time anyway, so why was this time any different?

Of course, it wasn't something bad. It depended on how you perceived the situation, really. This whole issue could be taken one of two ways.

1) (name) (last name) was madly in love
with someone in the mafia.
2) (name) (last name) was madly in love
with someone in the mafia.

They weren't the type of person people liked to be around, (name) wasn't. The people of Naples cast her out, not wanting to have her as an issue any longer. They caused the people of that part too many problems, even though they'd been quiet as a mouse for the entire time they lived there.

And that's why they ended up with a couple of ties to the mafia. Or, more specifically, Giorno Giovanna.

He was a prodigy of only fifteen years of age. Giorno Giovanna could do anything. Gee, I bet he'd kill someone if you asked him to! Within reason, though. But he's probably already killed someone, though, as that's what the mafia's for.

To put it in words, (name) was deeply, truly and utterly in love with Giorno.

They loved him from his golden blond locks to his funky leather shoes. Every inch of him (roughly around 68 - *cough* i mean, 69 *cough - inches) was deeply adored by them.

     the people want what they want

     But Giorno couldn't know that. Dear lord, no, Giorno could never know that.

They had no idea what Giorno would do if he ever caught word of them liking him. But people would catch on, and they'd gossip, and Giorno would eventually hear-

No. Hang on. The people wouldn't gossip if they never caught on in the first place.

All (name) had to do was act. Luckily, they were decent at acting, and could do a good job. They would have to pretend, like they would as a child, and pretend that Giorno had never interested them at all.

Giorno could never see through that, right?

     Well, it worked for about two weeks, but wrong!

It was one mediocre Wednesday in Naples when Giorno approached (name) with a smirk that told them that he knew something. They felt a pang, a sign that their heart was most probably about to explode. He looked beautiful with that smirk on his face, and they could never get enough of it.

"(Name)," said Giorno, taking a seat next to them on the bench they were sitting on, "Are you alright?"

(Name) gulped, in fear that he knew that they were, indeed, not alright. "I'm fine, Giorno," they managed to get out, shakily.

Giorno quietly laughed, the back of his arm resting on the part of the bench right behind (name)'s head. The position that he was sat in was somewhat romantic, (name) found, however Giorno probably didn't see it that way. He probably didn't see it like that at all.

"Are you avoiding me, dear?" Giorno asked. The way that his bright green eyes gazed down at them lovingly made their knees go weak, despite them sitting down. "I really need to know so that I can be a good friend."

     "That's the thing-" (name) blurted, but immediately stopped themselves from saying anything else. But Giorno had already noticed that they said something, so they had no choice but to continue their sentence. "-you're only... my good friend..."

     Giorno chuckled again. "Only?" He took his arm off of the bench and wrapped it around their shoulders tenderly. "Darling, I could be so much more than that."

     "But Giorno," they replied, rather solemnly, "it's me."

     "And?"

     "...you're the only person I talk to right now, for, erm... various reasons."

     "I don't see what they don't like about you."

     "Neither do I, but it's obviously something."

     "I don't see anything, so screw those other people, ok?"

     Even though they really felt like they shouldn't 'screw' those other people, something about Giorno and the way he looked at them made them completely forget about caring for anyone else. "Ok."

     Giorno was satisfied with their answer. "But you still haven't cleared up your feelings for me, (name)," he added, his smirk now a happy-looking grin.

     (Name) gasped. What if he was just teasing them? What if he didn't like them at all? What if he was going to make fun of them? What if everything he just said now was fake? What if Giorno was just like everyone else?

     "Giorno, I-"

     "If you're going to make up an excuse again, I won't listen to it. Please, (name)," He had a desperate look in his eyes as he took their hands in his, "please tell me your real feelings."

     (Name) took a deep breath in and mentally prepared themselves. Giorno looked as though he was ready to deal with whatever feelings they had, and he'd never even dream of ridiculing them. So, they went for it.

     "Giorno, I like you. I really, really like you."

     Giorno was quiet for a bit, wondering what to say. (Name) was silent too, but thinking up an escape route if he took this the wrong way. But Giorno's confused expression soon turned into an overjoyed one as his brain finally processed the information.

     In one quick movement, he threw his arms around their shoulders, wrapping them in a tight embrace, the tightest one he could give. Giorno was sure that they could feel his madly thumping heart through his clothes, but he didn't quite care at that moment.

     "Oh, (name)," he whispered once he'd calmed down a bit, "you have no idea how long I've waited to hear you say that."

     (Name) smiled widely, happy knowing that her crush liked her back. "I'm glad, Giorno."

     "I have loved you for so long, and I began to grow suspicions of you liking me. But I was also afraid that I was looking at your actions wrong, and that you didn't like me. I am just as afraid as you are."

     "And you'd think that a mafioso wouldn't be afraid of love!"

     Giorno laughed. "Yeah."

i hope i did this right!! i'm awfully sorry if i got anything wrong or if i completely read your request wrong :):)