(REQUEST) koichi x reader

title: tall girl

requested by @xTabbyKatx
this is tall girl justice (5'10" gang rise up)
thank you for 19k!!

You were tall.

     No, you did not wear men's size thirteen Nikes. This was 1999. Netflix films about tall girls that weren't even overly tall weren't due to come out for another twenty years.

     But yes, you were tall. And, obviously, that meant that you didn't get many boys.

     Sure, there were boy-friends. And also that one 'boyfriend' you had when you were seven. But there were never boyfriends, and that was what bugged you the most.

     Short girls had tall guys. Short girls also had short guys. But what did the tall girls have?

     Depression. And no boyfriends.

     Which was why you were currently sat with your best friends, Josuke, Okuyasu and Koichi in an empty classroom, while ranting about how being tall absolutely sucked.

     "I mean, the high ropes are ten times scarier." Josuke and Okuyasu nodded. "Because your face is higher up from the ground."

     Koichi, not as tall as you all were, shook his head. "Being short is scarier. You're closer to the pits of hell."

     Together, the three of you looked at Koichi as though he was mad. You hadn't expected such a sweet boy to say something so... out of character.

     "Christ, Koichi," Josuke breathed, leaning back in his chair, "that's true, but man, that's weird."

     Koichi went red. "Sorry. I just... read it online somewhere. I've been on the internet non-stop for the past few days - my mum bought us all a computer and so far I've been the only one to figure out how to use it."

     Okuyasu leaned forward on the table, knocking everything over and scaring Koichi to death. "A COMPUTER?!" He gasped, getting right up in his face, "BY GOD, KOICHI, HOW'D YOU GET YOUR PAWS ON ONE OF THOSE?!"

     The smallest one smiled. "Magic."

     "He stole it," remarked Josuke.

    "How many times do I have to say that I don't steal?!" Koichi whined. "Honestly, you guys and making rumours about me..."

     Josuke smirked. "He definitely stole it."

     "I DID NOT!"

     You cleared your throat and gave Josuke and Koichi a look. "Anyway, back to the topic - actually, to conclude, being tall is not fun, and, to conclude my conclusion, Koichi, I am jealous of you."

     Okuyasu nodded along, listening to you but at the same time, not listening. Josuke's attention had turned to his fangirls that were 'secretly' watching him from behind a wall and Koichi was vacantly staring down at his empty plate.

     "Thanks guys," you huffed. At this, Koichi jerked upwards and looked at you with a shocked expression.

     "I was listening!" He exclaimed, "I was, I swear!"

     Giving him a sceptical look, you replied, "yeah. Sure you were."

     "No, truly, I was! You told me you were jealous of me!" He snuck a glance at Josuke and Okuyasu, who were still both not paying attention at all. "And to be honest, I'm jealous of you."

     "Why the hell would you be jealous of me? The only good thing that comes with being tall is getting to go on all of the rollercoasters. That's it." You folded your arms and looked down at Koichi, who was looking down at his feet under the table.

     Koichi sighed. "It's better than being 4'0"," he mumbled, "and getting on all the rides is really cool." He then stood up and walked towards the window, looking outside wistfully as though he was in some sort of dramatic soap opera. "You're so cool, (name)... I really wish I could be like you."

     You felt your heartbeat get about 60mph faster as he said this, and your hands immediately flew up to cover your cheeks. "Nobody's ever called me cool before!" You gasped, suddenly finding the table more interesting than anything else at that moment.

     "I don't see why they haven't," Koichi murmured, gesturing for you to join him. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw his gesture, and made your way towards him.

     Casually, you leaned on the window. You could see very clearly outside, whereas Koichi probably had to stand on a chair to have the same view as you had. It was funny, really, but also quite sad considering what he'd just confessed to you.

     By now, Josuke and Okuyasu were partaking in a row over god-knows-what, still completely ignoring the two of you. They'd moved from the table to the chalkboard, and were drawing whatever boys liked to draw with chalks they'd found.

     "I feel really happy that I'm friends with tall people because they scare everyone I don't like away. But, at the same time, it's horrible because..." Koichi quietened down at the last part, and you couldn't hear him properly.

     Leaning in, you said, "I can't hear you, Koichi."

     Koichi turned pink and looked in the other direction. "I can't steal a kiss on the cheek whenever I want to."

     You snorted. "A kiss on the cheek for who? Josuke or Okuyasu?"

     For some reason, you'd completely forgotten that you existed and that Koichi probably wanted to kiss you and not Josuke or Okuyasu. I mean, if he really did want to kiss Josuke or Okuyasu, there wouldn't be an issue really.

     "No!" He huffed, "you, duh."

     Now it was your turn to be embarrassed. "Oh," you whispered, shocked but still flustered. "Thank you."

     "Huh? For what?" Koichi inquired. He turned back around to face you, his embarrassment seemingly fading. "I'm sorry if I offended you or anything-"

     To cut him off, you bent down and kissed him on the cheek. "For the record, I wanted to kiss you on the cheek too."

     And with that, you ran out of the room and off to your next lesson with bright red cheeks. Of course you were flustered; you'd just kissed a short guy. And not just any short guy, of course, it was Koichi.

     At the same time, Koichi was thinking the same thing. Except, he'd just kissed the girl of his dreams.