(REQUEST) fugo x reader

title: stupid norange

requested by @Nuclear_Night

"No, no, Narancia, look," you pointed at the equation on his sheet of paper, "that's a six, not a nine."

Narancia shook his head. "That is a nine! I'm not stupid."

The sound of a few doors opening and closing filled the room, and then Fugo appeared in the door. "No, you are stupid."

"I am not!" He yelled back. "You just want to pick on me for anything, you dummy head!"

"Yes you are," Fugo replied. "And I am not a dummy head. You are."

Narancia ground his teeth together angrily. His face turned red with rage, and you could've sworn there was steam coming out of his ears. Fugo knew just how to rile him up, and vice versa. Narancia was probably going to come up with something really mean to say back to Fugo, and then he'd fight him. And Narancia/Fugo fights were not entertaining.

Well. They were, in a sense. Or maybe just through Abbacchio's eyes.

Narancia stood up abruptly, his chair falling backwards from the force. "Pannacotta Fugo!" He began, pointing a finger at said man. "You are the most ugliest, most unattractive, most cheesy-looking person I have ever seen in my seventeen years of being alive!" He finished his sentence with a raspberry, and then proceeded to spit on the floor and dash out.

Fugo's fists clenched. It seemed as though Narancia was lucky this time, as he really didn't have the energy to go after him. Normally, he would, but he just didn't feel like it today.

     "Unattractive my ass," Fugo muttered, throwing himself down in one of the empty chairs beside you. "I am attractive. I'm sure of it."

     You found yourself snickering quietly at his comments. Fugo noticed, and lightly smacked you across the head. "Shut up," he hissed, with a smirk on his face. But that only made you properly laugh.

     Once you'd calmed down, you replied, "I think you're attractive, Fugo."

     At this comment, Fugo turned flustered and began stammering and flailing his arms around in embarrassment. "I- I- Really?!" He stuttered, his hands finally resting on the table.

     You nodded.

     "Thanks, I guess." Fugo huffed and flung his feet on the table too. He'd gone back to being moody and grumpy again.

You copied him, huffing in the same way that he did and the proceeding to throw your feet on the table too. At this, Fugo frowned, but then smirked immediately after. "Don't copy me."

     "Don't copy me," you mimicked. "But anyway, Fu, you don't need Narancia's 'hot-radar' to go off on you to be attractive."

     He frowned. "I was just about to get out of my bad mood, but you just had to bring that rat up, didn't you?"

     "That rat," you laughed. "How come he's a rat?"

     Fugo scoffed. "He's small. And he's difficult to be with. He also brought the plague around Europe." His feet left the table, and the cheese-man stood up and walked around while ranting about how much he couldn't stand Narancia. "...I mean, his name is literally Norange." He then proceeded to laugh at his own joke.

You watched as he paced up and down the room, noting how he sometimes fiddled with one of the many holes in his shirt. His face was scrunched up angrily, and his steps were loud yet rigid. "Stupid Norange, stupid Norange, stupid Norange..."

"Fugo," you said, interrupting his mantra of 'stupid Norange'. "Fugo, please calm down, it's not that big of a deal."

His face snapped towards you. "YES IT IS!" He yelled, "I HAVE TO BE ATTRACTIVE SO THAT YOU WILL LIKE ME-"

He paused, his footsteps and fiddling ceasing completely. Fugo's face turned as red as one of the strawberries on the cakes on the table. "I didn't mean to say that. Please excuse me," he muttered, as he turned to leave.

However, you quickly stopped him, grabbing his sleeve and spinning him around to face you. Fugo's eyes refused to meet yours, and you had a problem trying to keep him still. "I'd like you either way, attractive or not," you whispered once he'd calmed down a bit. "But you are attractive, Fu."

"Thanks-"

"No, not 'thanks' - it's not a compliment, it's facts." Timidly, you reached up to put your hands on his face. Still, his eyes didn't meet yours. You turned his head so that he had no choice but to look at you. "Now stop complaining and say something else."

     Fugo sighed. A smile crept its way onto his face, and he wilfully met your gaze. "You're too kind for your own good," he said. "Not many people can cope with me." With that last comment, he looked a bit downtrodden.

     You laughed. "Why do you think Bucciarati chose you to join his gang? Because he hated you and couldn't stand you?"

     "Well, no, but-"

     "Exactly. So don't put yourself down." With that, you reached up to gently peck him on the cheek. "Silly boy."

     Fugo smirked, a quiet snicker coming from his lips. "You missed, silly girl."

     Gasping, you lightly tapped him across the face. "Fine, stupid." You gave in and gave him a kiss right on his lips, exactly where he wanted.

     He hummed and tilted his head to deepen the kiss. One of his hands went to the back of your head, and the other wrapped around you. Fugo's eyes fluttered shut - he seemed to be thoroughly enjoying that.

     Once you broke apart, Fugo sighed with a dreamy look in his eyes. You hadn't expected to see such an angry man to look so at peace. "You have no idea how long I've waited to do that."

     "You don't really have to wait anymore," you smirked, "keep going, nobody's told you to stop."

     Fugo copied your smirk. "My pleasure."