(REQUEST) josuke x reader

title: high school sweethearts

requested by @weeashitboo

     It was 7:50, and class was about to begin in about ten minutes. You'd woken up late, only to discover that your bike's chain had broken, so you now had to run to school.

     And you most definitely did not like physical education.

     Taking a sharp left, your arms pumped and your legs sprinted as though making it on time was a life or death situation. It was, really, if you didn't want to embarrass yourself. The last time you were late, the teacher called you out and you had to stand up and be laughed at by all of your classmates. Well - I say all, but it was all but one.

     Josuke Higashikata was the most popular boy at school of which every girl was attracted to. You only knew of a few that weren't feverishly in love with him. You'd never met him, so you couldn't say much about him, but his hair was very... different. But it was a good different. It made him more unique than the other boys at school who just tried too hard to grab your attention.

     You'd only realised you'd zoned out when you crashed head-first into someone in the middle of the street outside of school. Landing on your behind, you looked up, only to immediately regret doing so.

     Damn, you thought. Now you knew why these girls were fawning over him left right and centre.

     None other than Josuke himself was looking down at you with great concern, his usually neat and tidy pompadour sticking out in all directions. He was holding one of his bag straps in one hand, and a hairbrush in the other.

     "Shit, I'm sorry," he said, slinging his back over his shoulder and offering you a hand to help you up. Gladly, you took it, your heart warming up as you thought about how well it fit in yours. "I shoulda been looking where I was going. Sorry."

     Snapping out of your trance, you replied, "no, no! It was my fault, I'm sorry. I zoned out thinking about something."

     He laughed. It was a strangely boyish laugh - not that you were expecting it to be a girly laugh, but you weren't expecting the great Josuke to laugh like that. Josuke seemed as though he'd have some sort of deep laugh.

     "No, I was thinking about other things too. Hey - you're in my class, aren't you? Well, I suppose I'll just walk you there. As an apology."

     You felt your cheeks flare up. "Oh, erm... sure."

     As you both walked in a peaceful silence towards your classroom (both of you just barely two minutes early), you wondered how the girls in your class would feel if they saw you walk in with Josuke. You didn't want to walk too close to him, in fear that they'd come after you in the near future. And so, you took a few steps to the side, a foot of space now in between you and the pompadour-clad boy.

He seemed to notice this and walked closer to you. His hand brushed up against yours, and when you looked up, he was smiling right down at you. "So," He said, hoping to start a conversation.

"So," you replied. You were quiet for a bit, before saying, "how come you're late?"

Josuke sighed. "My dad came over from America. I was going to get the bus, but he insisted on coming with me, and I can't take that man on a bus. I don't trust him. I have no idea where he is now, by the way, but I know he's somewhere in Morioh."