(REQUEST) joseph x reader

title: lover boy

requested by @002EmEm002

It was a sunny day in New York City - well, it was sunny from what you could see over the massive buildings. And also the massive titan of a man stood directly in front of you.

He was handsome, you had to admit that. He was tall, muscular (almost too muscular), and his hands were big. His unruly brown hair curved upwards in all sort of directions and his waist was so unbelievably thin. In other words, this man was sculpted like a Greek god.

How unfair.

You wouldn't have a problem standing in front of such a man if you were in a different situation. At 9:00, you had to be in a business meeting which was absolutely mandatory for your career. If you weren't there, you'd no doubt be sacked.

And you were only 19 years old. This was an opportunity of a lifetime.

Meaning this man had to move.

"Excuse me," you said, tapping one of his extremely broad shoulders, "I need to get through."

The man turned around, and you immediately froze. Not only did he look beautiful from the back, his face was also incredibly handsome...!

Why did you only come across hot guys when you didn't want to?

"You see, miss, I really would like to move, but..." he gestured in front of him. There was a large crowd of people congregating around something directly in the middle of the street. "I can't really go anywhere either."

Damn. It looked like you weren't going to be moving any time soon. Unless, of course, you turned around and went another way...

More people. And they were coming this way. Soon enough, you'd both be swallowed by the swarms of people. You truly weren't getting out of this situation.

Suddenly, the Greek god in front of you began to laugh. He had a truly hearty laugh, and he sounded very joyful. His shoulders shook and his face crinkled up, and his laugh came out in all sorts of intervals. "Might as well make the most of it, eh?"

Only now did you realise his accent. He definitely came from some sort of royal British family.

"Next you'll say: 'Where did you come from?'!"

"Where did you- Oi! How did you-"

"Magic, I suppose." The man laughed again, this time softer and his eyes stayed open to watch you. They were a bright emerald colour, and they sparkled in what sunlight came down in the city. Damn, this guy was so cute...

Maybe today wasn't unlucky at all.

"I'm Joseph. Joseph Joestar," he said, holding a hand out for you to shake. "I came from the countryside in England."

Nervously, you took his hand. "I'm (name) (last name), and I'm from (country). Pleased to meet you, Mr Joestar."

He snorted. "You sound like Old Man Speedwagon when you say that. Just say Joseph, if you want. Or JoJo - actually, yeah, just JoJo is fine."

"Alright. JoJo it is, then." You offered him a smile and he grinned a toothy grin right back. "Say, JoJo... how old are you?"

Joseph didn't seem to stop smiling. "I'm 19. Why, you interested?"

Just as you were about to reply, you were suddenly shoved into JoJo's chest by someone behind you. It seemed as though the crowd had gotten close enough to swallow you.

You felt your cheeks begin to burn up out of embarrassment. You'd met this man five minutes ago and only just learnt his name, and already you're trying to be smothered by his big man tiddies?!

Joseph, on the other hand, was perfectly fine, and quite frankly enjoyed having a woman pressed up against him. Not in a weird way, though. He was raised to be a gentleman. It just... went a bit wrong somewhere.

Quickly, you stood back up. "Sorry about that," you managed to say, "I was, erm, pushed into you."

Joseph's cheeks were tinged pink too. "It's quite alright! I don't mind you throwing yourself onto me." He grinned, but then it faded as soon as it came. "No, wait, not like that-"

     The Brit looked down to see that you were laughing, with your hands clutching your stomach and your cheeks red. He found it rather cute, and he found himself wanting to make you laugh even more.

    "God, JoJo, you're so funny!" You chuckled. "I'm well aware you didn't mean for it to sound like that. You don't seem like a creep at all."

     "That's good, then." He breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm awfully sorry about that."

     Joseph sheepishly rubbed the back of his head, and watched as your laughter died out. He realised that he hadn't really spoke to any women properly other than his grandmother, and mentally fist-pumped at this big achievement. He'd be sure to tell Speedwagon about this.

     Although, Speedwagon hadn't spoken to any women either...

     "Say, JoJo," you said, "after we get out of this, would you like to join me for dinner somewhere?"

     Joseph's face started to burn. He hadn't been asked out on a date before...!

     "YES," he replied, all too quickly. "I mean, ah, yes. Yes, I would love to."

     "That's great. God, you're hilarious!" You laughed again.

     Joseph found himself laughing along with you. "Yes, that's me! Joseph Joestar, the most hilarious man on the planet-"

     "Alright, alright, don't take it too far."

     "Ok." He straightened out the jacket he was wearing and stretched his shoulders. "I know this amazing place down the street from my Granny Erina's place, and it has the best burgers in the world! Man, if you tasted them, you'd never eat anywhere else!"

     You raised an eyebrow. "Would I really?" Turning your head, you realised that the crowd had more-or-less dispersed. Nevertheless, you stayed for five more minutes to keep talking with Joseph. "Well, you'll just have to take me there, then."

     "I will!" He exclaimed. "It has always been my dream to take a pretty lady out!"

     You rolled your eyes. "What a hopeless romantic. I live on fifth avenue. Pick me up at five, lover boy."

     And with that, you strutted off, leaving Joseph absolutely gobsmacked. You lived at fifth avenue, which was one of the most expensive streets in the world...! He'd just bagged himself a rich girl...!

     "Hang on, did you just call me lover boy?!"