(REQUEST) cioccolata x m!reader

title: insane

requested by @Tuna_Nuna_Mituna
i say male reader but the gender isn't that specific

It was rather cold outside, seeing as though it was the beginning of Spring (March, to be exact) and the heating wasn't working. The stupid landlord had yet to find someone to fix the boiler and, until then, you had to sit with cold feet and hands on the sofa wrapped in as many blankets as possible.

Normally, you found yourself not needing any blankets, as you had another source of heat that was keeping you warm. And that particular source of heat had kept you warm for five cold seasons straight. But now, however, that heat source was gone - and most probably gone forever.

     Unless Cioccolata pulled some sort of Jesus move, and then maybe he wasn't gone forever. But probably for two thousand years because apparently Catholics are willing to wait that long for him to come back.

     (I'm rebelling against my parents' Catholicism. I'd like to thank Lady Rhea for motivating me)

     Soon enough, with you dwelling on these weird thoughts, a warm tear rushed down your cheek, warming your face up momentarily. Although you appreciated the short-lived warmth, you wished that it was under some different circumstances.

     Not you weeping over your deceased fiancé.

     Cioccolata, despite being borderline insane and being someone with a questionable history, was all that you could've asked for from a lover. Being a borderline insane person yourself, you found that he was the perfect match for someone like you. He was oddly romantic, in his own way, and enjoyed taking you out to small, out-of-the-way cafes and exciting laser tag arenas all the same. Anywhere you wanted to go, he'd be willing to go there.

As you silently wept on your sofa, you remembered all of the good times you'd had together - when he snorted his tea out of his nose because you told a really bad joke about one of the people passing by, when you also snorted your tea out of your nose because he told a bad joke about one of the waiters, when he'd hold you close on one of the rare nights he was home before you were asleep, when you'd hold him close in the morning after the night's escapades. Then, your mind went to the day he proposed - a summer's night, slightly over half a year ago, on a holiday in New York.

He'd rented an apartment overlooking the city - you could see the city from an extremely large window going from the bottom of the floor to the top of the wall. The stars weren't visible, due to the high density of the city, but the moon was still shining brightly. The different colours of the billboards lit up the room as though you were watching the Northern Lights.

With a glass of wine in one hand and Cioccolata in the other, you felt like you were on cloud nine. Nothing could be better than having the perfect man and the perfect wine in the most perfect setting.

Or so you thought, before Cioccolata let go of your hand and got down on one knee.

You gasped, almost dropping your glass of wine on the floor, remembering to put it down before having any sort of reaction. Once you had put it down, your hands covered your mouth and you began to cry.

"Oh, (name)," he started, taking a velvet box out of his pocket, "you're the only one for me and I could never see myself with anyone else... partly because nobody else will take me." He paused to laugh. "In any case, would you marry me?"

The ring was the most beautiful thing you'd ever seen. It was silver, with an expensive-looking diamond in the middle, and had beautiful engravings on the band. With shaky legs, you nodded ecstatically, and threw yourself into his arms. A shaky sigh of relief left him as he held you just as tightly. As he slipped the ring onto your finger, you knew that nobody else could ever make you feel the same way.

It was sad, knowing that you'd never find a man like him ever again, and also knowing that his killer was still alive and thriving.

Your mind quickly changed the topic from the good times to planning a murder. You then supposed that that was what made you almost as insane as he was.

And the scary part was that this whole murder was probably do-able.

Giorno Giovanna had killed your fiancé in a fit of rage after Cioccolata had heroically attempted to save the boss of the mafia from certain death. He wasn't supposed to get you involved in matters regarding the mafia, but he told you that everyone had heard of this Giorno and now everyone feared for the boss' life. After Giorno had killed the entirety of La Squandra and then Tiziano and Squalo, Cioccolata had been summoned to protect the boss with his life. Given the danger that Giorno had put up, you begged a Cioccolata not to go, but he told you that it was 'his duty' and that if he refused, he'd be killed anyway.

You only wished you'd been more stubborn.

You looked towards the gun resting against the wall the door was on. It was small enough to carry through to where Giorno's base was (the new boss wasn't that secretive, it turns out) and was quiet enough to kill him without anyone else noticing.

Clenching your fists, you knew what you had to do. You were insane for doing it, but Cioccolata had told you to embrace it. And that's what you did.

Nevertheless, it was murder...

But you didn't care.

Cioccolata's murderer will die tonight, and his fiancé will die straight after.