(REQUEST) josuke x reader

title: summer nights

requested by @Ligmaballlsbruhh
let's pretend that everyone has known each other for a long time

     You, Josuke, Okuyasu and Koichi had been friends since practically day one. You'd grown up living next door to Josuke, and the pair of you had been best friends ever since. Through Josuke, you'd met Okuyasu and Koichi when you were about seven, and so the four of you had grown up together.

     The four of you had been through ups and downs, but you'd gotten through them all. But this was the biggest down of them all.

     Yes, you were all still friends. But there was a chance you wouldn't be after this week.

     It was the last week of the summer holidays, and you were all starting University. However, you were all going to different ones - you and Koichi were going to big universities in Tokyo, Okuyasu wasn't going at all, and Josuke was going to one near Morioh so that he could stay with his mother.

     Chances were, you'd never see any of them again. So today was one of your last days to say goodbye.

     Currently, you were all sat around the campfire you'd made in Okuyasu's extensive back garden. It was warm outside, but the fire lifted your spirits. However, the the air of sadness was still present, and you couldn't help but look at the others' sad expressions, which really just made you more sad.

"So," Josuke muttered, his gaze not wandering from the fire, "this is it."

Koichi shuffled uncomfortably in his chair. "If we try hard enough, not really."

"No, no, I... I doubt we'll see each other again." Josuke bounced his knee up and down impatiently. It was as though he was waiting for something bad to happen, or he was waiting to do something. "I mean, I could probably see (name) again, but..."

"How?" You asked, but you were met with silence and a few awkward looks from Koichi and Okuyasu. They obviously knew something that you didn't, and it had to be regarding Josuke. Everything was always regarding Josuke.

Okuyasu leaned back and put his hands behind his head, sighing softly to himself. "May as well go over any funny memories we have. We've made some pretty funny jokes, my dudes."

Koichi nodded. "Like that time when we slept over Okuyasu's house and we thought his dad was a goblin coming to snatch our toes."

Said person pulled a face and frowned. "You thought my dad was a gremlin."

"We were seven!"

"Still! It's mean..."

Koichi laughed again. "Or perhaps that time when Josuke thought that India was in Europe."

Josuke suddenly zoned back in and sat up in shock. "We were seven!"

Okuyasu shook his head. "Josuke, dude, that was last week."

     Josuke said nothing and slumped back down in defeat. He seemingly didn't want to accept the fact that geography wasn't his strong point.