57

Arabella Winston

Arabella Winston

*Three weeks later*

"Harry." I smack his chest lightly. He mumbles incoherently. "It's your turn." He mumbles again before standing and walking to the bassinet, grabbing a cry Scarlett.

"Shh, your ok." I peak my eyes open and see him rocking her in his arms slowly. Her crying comes to a halt making me let out a laugh.

She's already spoiled.

"I'll get the DockATot." I stand up and fumble around the room and go into our closet, grabbing the mini baby bed so she can safely sleep in bed with us. When I come back I see Harry laying on his back with Scarlett on his chest. He rubs up and down her back slowly as her small body fights sleep. His right arm is behind his head and his chest is exposed. Scarletts head is right over his heart, killing her to sleep. I put down the DockATot by the side of the bed. I lay down next to them and lay on my side to watch them silently.

So far we have been up twice tonight which is not that bad compared to some babies. I have been reading some mom blogs in my free time and am happy to know that our child loves sleep as much as I do.

The sun is slowly rising outside making a small golden sliver peak through the bottom of the black out blind. The room is mainly dark with the exception of a small night light for situations like this.

I move over to get closer and move my arm to rest lower on his stomach over his tattoos.

"Little monkey really doesn't want mummy and daddy to sleep today." I giggle, finding that somehow funny due to my drowsy state. Scarlett looks at her dad with wide eyes. Her hands are in tiny fists by her head and her mouth opens and closes making small noises.

"My dad used to call me that." I whisper quietly. Harry looks at me with a small frown and kisses my forehead lightly. It goes silent for a few moments before I speak up again. "Do you have to go to base today?" I move my gaze to him and see his eyes already on me.

"Maybe. I just get texts or calls when I'm needed." I nod and move to lay on my back.

"We should probably go grocery shopping today. But I just don't want to bring her out yet, and I don't want to let you go alone."

"Well, I think we should go, all together. You haven't been out of the house in two weeks and I know you want to get out of here and stop staring at the same walls all day." He got me there. I am tired of being in this house. "Plus, we have a few guys keeping watching on us at all times when we go out." I look at him with a raised brow.

"When did you arrange that?"

"The day she was born." I raise my brows and drop them quickly, letting out a puff of air. I start to play with my necklace and run my fingers over the grooves. "I have been meaning to ask you this, but where did you get that necklace?"