60

Arabella Winston

Arabella Winston

"Scarlett, come to momma." Scarlett giggles and hits her hand on the counter of the coffee table. "Come her munchkin." I coo and she gives me a slobbery smile again. I open my arms and she gives me a frustrated look, before smiling again and moving her foot forward, her right hand coming off the table.

"Come on baby, you got it." I keep my voice light, trying not to show my excitement. Scarlett moves her right foot more before moving her left and standing on wobbly legs. "Good job monkey! Come on, you got it, come give mum a hug." She giggles before taking a hesitant step forward, then another on before she plops on her butt. I immediately stand and pick her up, hugging her to my chest.

"Harry! Harry, come here!" I yell, but get no reply. Scarlett's face goes to the crook of my neck and she starts to cry. 

"Dada." She mumbles through a cry making my heart break.

"Scarlett, baby, we'll go find him." I turn around but freeze in my tracks at the sight of Harry tied up in a chair. Tape is over his mouth, his legs are tied to the chair and his arms are tied back.

"Harry!" I move Scarlett's head back to the crook of my neck, not wanting her to see. Harry starts to scream and thrash around making me get flashbacks. My heart races so fast in my chest I fear it might explode. Scarlett cries louder in my ear, the sound making my heartbreak more. I'm frozen in my spot. If I move I can't bring Scarlett. And if I stay I can't help Harry.

"Awe, look at you. Pathetic, Arabella. That's all you ever were." A voice breaks me from my strong gaze with Harry.

"Mother?" I question, hatred in my tone. Suddenly another man comes out, he's familiar. I have looked at his photos many of times. "Vickery." I hold Scarlett closer to my chest.

"Hello, daughter." My mother walks behind Harry and so does Vickery, except he pulls out a gun and aims it at him. "Hand her over, Arabella and your boyfriend lives." I shake my head.

"No, get out! I don't want to talk, I don't want answers. If you want me, then take me." Harry shakes his head at my words and starts to move his limbs as much as he can.

"Awe look, he wants to say something." My mother coos before ripping the tape of harshly.

"Ara, go. Let them do what they want and just go. Take Scarlett and never look back." I shake my head, a tear running down my cheek.

"Harry, no-" I get cut off by a gunshot and Scarlett getting ripped out of my arms.

***
"No!" I scream loudly.

"Ara, Arabella, baby." I sit up, my chest heaving up and down. Someone touches my shoulder making me flinch before I recognize who it is.

"Harry." I whimper as lightning crashes outside making me flinch. He pulls me into his lap and my head fits under his chin as tears flow down my cheeks and a body shaking sob rakes through me.