Day 27 - The Recoupling

{A/N} The recoupling has been written in third person perspective and then the aftermath will return to Amelia's POV and continue like that for the majority of the story. Thank you all for your patience x

All the boys sat around the fire-pit with Caroline Flack and the new girls standing before them. They all knew, that just a few foot away was their old girls and they had a big decision to make. "Boys, it's time to make your decisions and also find out hat the girls have decided to do. Danny I'm going to start with you...", Caroline announces to the anxious boys. Danny delivered a complimentary speech and chose to couple up with Jourdan, which everyone had expected. Caroline then welcomed in Maura, who strolled hand in hand alongside Marvin. Then, it was Anton's turn and to nobody's surprise, he chose to couple up with the lovely Belle. Afterwards, in walked Anton's best girl friend Lucie, who seemed content with George - or as Amelia likes to call him, Ivan Drago. This nickname gave the girls and boys a laugh. 

As Amelia hugged Lucie who strolled out to the boys, she sat anxiously on her bed with her hands intertwined. "Hey, relax alright", Dan counsels her as she rocks back and forward. Amelia put her head in her hands as she felt tears rise as Dan rubbed her back softly, trying to calm her down. She pulled back and grabbed him into a tight hug. "Thank you Dan... you're nothing but a gentleman to me", she compliments through her tears of guilt. "Don't sweat it babe, your an amazing girl to know... Michael is a fool if he's chosen to recouple", Dan replies as she smiles and kisses his cheek softly. She begins to slip off his jacket but he reassures her that she can keep it, he has plenty plus he would rather her have it. Amelia nods and stands up to grab Amy's shaking hand as she begins to walk outside, alone and faithful to her man. "Good luck", she tells her as she dries her eyes. She kisses Amelia's cheek before strolling outside. 

Hearing Curtis' recoupling speech seemed to break the hearts of Maura and Lucie who were sat alongside them but were happy that he was sensible enough to stay loyal to Amy. Of course, Amelia was unaware of that drama and even if she had been listening, she wouldn't have paid attention because of her wrecked nerves. "Ellie-Belly isn't there", Molly started to worry as Amelia jumped to her aid, 100% certain that Tommy Fury had stayed loyal to the platinum haired influencer. The suspense was killing Amelia as she watched Molly walk out alone and Amber walked out with Ovie. Around the fire-pit there was one man still to choose, that man was Michael. Michael stood up with the palms of his hands sweating and stuck to his gut, knowing his decision was the right one. He sighed as he looked into Joanna's eyes and then looked towards the door frame. His breathing was shaky and he was afraid to disappoint someone but his heart was in the right place. He knew so.

"During this little break, I realised a lot of things. I realised that, the time you spend with someone doesn't matter when it comes to feelings and it doesn't have to take years to fall for someone. When you meet the right person, I think you just know... you know that they're the one that your meant to be with and at the start, the feelings you have is scary and they can put a lot of strain on a relationship... but I do believe that absence makes the heart grow fonder and I can safely admit that I am in love with this girl, it just took me a few days where she was gone to realise it. This girl is one in a million and she just has this fire about her that I can't seem to burn out but I don't mind that anymore. So, for those reasons I have chosen...

To stick with Amelia". Michael watched as Joanna's face dropped but picked back up again as she realised he was staring. His fellow islanders sitting around the fire-pit had tear-stricken faces after Tommy and Molly's emotional reunion and now Michael's heart-filled confession, especially Amber and Maura, Amelia's nearest and dearest. In the bedroom, Amelia got her signal that it was her turn to walk out. She hugged Dennon, Stevie and Dan one last time, lingering with Dan. "Thank you for the last couple days", Amelia whispers in Dan's ear as he squeezes her tightly in response. "I'll be seeing you around, Ward", he smirks as Amelia nods and lets out a nervous breath before finally walking out to the garden she had missed dearly, alone.