Day 48

"Good morning everyone... it's going to be a big day", Curtis croaked from his bed as everybody started waking up and moving around to get ready for the morning, as always. "I feel bad about last night", Amber moaned from beside me on the daybeds. "I know... I feel like we're all so close and it was just one of the hardest decisions", I replied as I shielded my eyes from the sun with my forearm. I headed up into the kitchen to refill my bottle of water and found my boyfriend in the process. "I can't believe Monday is the end...", he muttered into my neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. I turned around and latched my arms around his neck. "Time honestly does fly when you're having fun", I mumbled as he smiled and leaned down to kiss me. 

Our kiss was cut off by Curtis' phone chiming but it was strange because it wasn't a text her received it was a family photograph of his parents and Maura's. We sprinted down to see what was happening as I noticed the door behind them. "That's the front door!", I pointed out as we heard footsteps joining us and in walked their parents. The two sprinted up to tackle them into hugs as I felt emotional at the sight. "Get ready to meet my fam then", I nudged Michael with a smile as he shook his head and we walked up to greet them with hugs. The couples split to talk to your family as we all hovered in the kitchen. "I'm so worried now", Molly laughs. When they were done, Maura felt a bit emotional as they left so I wrapped her into a hug and waited for the next lot of parents to join us. 

The morning flew in, consisting of everybody's families coming and going and mine and Mike's family were the last ones to come in so we were sitting around anxiously waiting for whoever to come in. "I hope my big brother comes in... I miss him so much", I complain to Maura who was lounging around with me. "The one Amber slept with?", she smirked. I laughed loudly as I realised and was anticipating my family to join us. Suddenly, I could hear the soft sound of footsteps as I look to the entrance and saw my almost unrecognisable older brother Jackson and my dad walking in the door with, who I'm guessing to be, Michael's parents. I let out a squeal as I darted across the garden where my brother stood with wide open arms and I jumped into them as he lifted me effortlessly. "Oh my god, I missed you so much", I croak into his neck on the verge of tears. He laughed slightly as he put me down and I turned to my dad wrapping him in the tightest hug ever. 

"How are you both?", I ask as I wipe my eyes. "We're brilliant darling, we're so proud of you", my dad smiles as I see his eyes beginning to water. I turned to my left and saw Michael's family approaching. "I'm Julia, Michael's mum, It's so lovely to meet you darling", his mum grinned as she wrapped me into a delicate hug. "You too, honestly It's long overdue", I smiled as I proceeded to hug his dad and introduce myself to him as well. I walked over to the swing with my dad and Jackson as we sat talking about life back in Newcastle. "How's mam and Aaron?", I directed the question at dad as he nodded his head and smiled. "They're great, Aaron misses his football training sessions on a Thursday just to stay home and watch you", he replied as I gasped and felt love swell my heart. "And mam's been crying every night down the phone saying how much she misses her 'babygirl', we facetime after every episode", Jackson continues and I was completely overwhelmed by the love I'm getting. "Oh and... I asked Hannah to marry me", he ended as I stood up and squealed before attacking him into a hug.

Hannah and my brother had been together, on and off, for about 3 years now but I love her like a sister and I'm so excited for them. I continued to talk with my family before Michael called us down to the fire-pit where he was with his mam and dad. I sat down beside him with my family on my side and his family on his. "Be glad your mam isn't in here because she would be all over you just touching you to make sure you're actually here and I haven't scared you off", I point out to Mike as my dad and Jackson agree. Michael talks to my family while I chat to his about his home life and his six siblings which he had failed to mention so it gave me anxiety.

I'm so glad that my dad and Jackson like Michael like, they mean the most to me and I rarely see Jackson anymore so I was quite emotional seeing him again. Mike's family are just lovely like, his mam is the sweetest woman but she's so feisty and his dad is so witty. I just feel very lucky.

The time had come for us to say goodbye and I hugged Mike's mam and dad first, wishing them the best before bringing my dad into a tight hug. "I missed you so much daddy", I muttered into his shoulder. "I missed you too sweetheart, you're doing us all so proud. Go on and win this for us, win it for Aaron", he said as he held my face in his hands. He placed a kiss to my cheek as I proceeded to say goodbye to Jackson. "Oh sis...", he trailed off as we swayed side to side. "Will you be at home when I come back?", I asked him pleadingly. He looked at my face as he placed a kiss to my forehead. "Boss man gave me two weeks off last week so I've got the entire week with you", he announced and I felt my eyes well up. It had been a long time since my busy brother had taken so much time off to stay in Newcastle. We all departed as they left and waved at me the whole time. When they were out of sight, I felt my tears start to run down my face as Maura, Molly, Amber and India all come up and hug me - the boys doing the same to Mike. 

Eventually night fell and the buzz was still there in the dressing room from meeting everybody's families. We hovered around the kitchen with our drinks as we laughed and joked. "Cheers to Love Island 2019, being the final five, new friendships for life and a few sexy lads", I laughed as everyone raised their glasses taking a sip as we all cheered. Of course, everything good must come to an end as Caroline Flack decided to stroll in and ruin the celebrations, asking us to all gather around the fire-pit. 

"Your votes from last night have put three couples at risk... two of you are safe and definitely through to the Love Island Final", she explained as we all glanced at each other in anxiety. "The first couple safe and through to the final is... Amelia and Michael", she smiled and I let out a breath I actually knew I was holding. It's not like us to be picked to be safe first. I gave Mike a quick kiss as we sat down. "The second couple safe is.... Molly-Mae and Tommy", she continued as I glanced at Molly and smiled brightly.

"The public have been voting for the couple they would like to save and the two couples with the most votes will join Amelia and Michael and Molly-Mae and Tommy in the final. In no particular order, the first couple safe and through to the final is... Amber and Greg", she announced as we all clapped and we stared anxiously at the two remaining couples. Maura and Curtis and India and Ovie... I don't think  I could see Maura walk out of here. "The final couple safe and through to the Love Island Final is... Maura and Curtis", she announces as I felt my eyes well up again. "India and Ovie, I'm so sorry but your love island journey is up... the rest of you, I'll be seeing you very soon", she ominously announces as she leaves. I approached Ovie and wrapped him into as tight of a hug as I can and doing the same with India.

Ovie... is the funniest guy I've ever met and India is the sweetest girl ever. I'm just glad that I get to see them again in literally the next couple days. 

We all stood at the door and gave the couple the send off they deserved; full of cheers, whistles and 'love you's'. They walked away together as we shut the door and that was the point that I realised that I'm a Love Island Finalist with my three best friends in here from the beginning and the boy I've managed to fall hopelessly in love with. 

{A/N} Tomorrow (Technically today but yano) I'm going to upload the last two chapters of Love Island 2019! I'm soo glad that this book is coming to an end although school is starting again which is not fun :/ But I just want to thank any of you who actually enjoy this book and tune in tomorrow for the final two chapters! x