🌞: 1

Naomi Lu

"OVER TEXT MESSAGE! DO YOU BELIEVE THAT?! WHAT A BABY! WHAT AN IMMATURE BABY! SUCH A BABY! LIKE BABY BABY!" I punch my pillow with such anger as I rant to my friend. "HOW CAN HE BE SUCH A BABY!?"

"I know you're ranting right now, but you really gotta start packing. We leave tonight." June brushes over my complaining and walks to my closet. "Where's your damn suitcase?"

"Do you care about me, June?! Can't you see my agony?! Do you have a heart?!"

"I was there for you through the breakup. I was there for you during your crying phase. And I'm still here for your pissed off phase, but we have to pack, man!"

I scoff at my best friend. She was right, but I continue complaining anyway. "I knew Kevin was a big scaredy-cat when I first met him. He asked me for my number through a note, through his friend, through his phone!"

June pulls my suitcase out of my closet. "Oh, here it is. You should really organize your closet."

"While we were dating, he was always a coward. Now that I think about it, he never made the first move. He's always afraid that I'll reject him...like, for our 3 month anniversary, he wouldn't take me out anywhere because he didn't want me to get mad or whatever. He pretended he forgot, so that I will plan something."

"Let's pack your underwear first." June closes my closet doors and goes to my drawers.

"He never showed me affection unless I asked! He never told me he loved me until I said it first! It got to the point where even I got surprised every time my own boyfriend gave me a hug!"

"Yeah, trust me, I know. I've been telling you that guy was an ass the moment I met him."

I throw my punching pillow off to the side. "I am better off without him! I really am. I don't need a relationship! If I'm going to be in a relationship, then it's going to be with someone GOOD! YOU HEAR ME?! GOOD!"

"What happened to all your socks?"

"They're in the washer."

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

My best friend, June, and I are going to be staying at a beach village this entire summer.

Our other friend, Zack, who actually works at the beach village, told us about the place and apparently it's paradise on Earth.

It's not a very known place and it's super small. Zack says the people there are like family and everyone seems to know each other. They don't get a lot of new people.

I'm pretty excited. Though, beaches aren't really my thing. I love swimming and all, but big bodies of water bring some terrors my way. Still, I'd rather be there than be here.

I love my family and all, but they can get annoying sometimes. Especially since I don't have college plans and they won't stop pestering me about it.

Also, my ex lives really close to me, so I'm grateful to be leaving for the next 3 months.

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

"Love you. Love you. Love you." I hug my mom, dad, and older brother. "Ok, bye! See you in the fall!"

"Whenever you have free time, look for colleges!" My mom points a stern finger at me. "And scholarships!"

"Maybe you'll find a job there that pays a lot?" My dad holds a hand to his chin.

"What if you find a boy and you have to leave him after 3 months?" My brother teases.

Yeah, like I'm looking for another relationship.