🌞: 4

Naomi Lu

"Sorry about earlier...." I quickly apologize to Donghyuck as I lay my head on the donut floatie. "Something touched my leg and that scared the life out of me."

"Don't worry about it!" Donghyuck chirps with a small chuckle. "It was a pleasant surprise."

"Pleasant?"

He simply nods his head without a response.

"That's....good then."

The rest of our time at the beach consisted of playing childish activities like tag, racing, and chicken fighting.

Our time under the sun was very fun and an amazing way to spend the first day of summer vacation. Now, with the moon out and our energy low, we're heading back to our houses.

Mark and Taeil went on their own to the other side of the village and Zack and Donghyuck offered to walk June and I back to our house.

"I'm beat!" Zack stretches his arms above his head. "Can't wait to curl up in my bed with a nice book."

"Book? Don't you mean pizza?" June laughs.

"You're laughing now, but if I did have pizza, you'd wanna join me." Zack brings his arms down to the back of his head.

"No amount of pizza would get me to be in the same bed as you."

"Now that I think about it, I wouldn't want to sleep in the same room as Miss SnoresAlot."

June swings her whole fist to his face, but misses terribly, causing Zack to full on sprint ahead of the group.

"What an idiot." June mumbles with a slight smile on her face and runs after him.

Donghyuck sighs. "No one will ever convince me that those two don't have some sort of thing."

"I've been friends with them for years and I'm surprised they haven't made their thing a thing yet." I giggle.

"If I was into someone, I'd confess my feelings as soon as possible." He says, crossing his arms. "I can not stand being just friends with someone I really like."

His straightforwardness made me raise my eyebrows.

"I don't understand why people feel the need to keep all their feelings inside and never express, especially people in relationships."

"I...understand how you feel." I awkwardly scratch my head. "My ex boyfriend was never expressive with me. It was really frustrating."

He nods. "Good."

"Good?"

"Oh, sorry, I mean, good that he's your ex boyfriend." He looks to me with a grin. "A girl like you deserves someone that will always express their love to you."

I open my mouth, but no words came out.

"NAOMI! YOU HAVE THE KEY, RIGHT!?" June screams from the front porch of our house.

"STOP YELLING! PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SLEEP!" Zack shushes her.

I rush ahead of Donghyuck, blushing like mad as I pull out the house keys from my bag.

He really must be the nicest guy I've ever met in my life. It's almost unbelievable.

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Welp, I thought we were all exhausted from the beach and traveling, but guess not!

June found board games in the closet and now she and Zack are playing Connect 4...and they're taking it to another level.