🌞:19

Naomi Lu

"The boys want to do another barbecue at the beach. Zack got a volleyball too! I know you love a good game of volleyball." June says, peeking her head in my room.

I cuddle my pillow harder. "I don't know if I wanna face everyone right now."

That entire scene happened 3 days ago, but every time I think about it, I relive the whole moment like I went back in time.

I'm so...embarrassed.

I'm not quite sure how I'm feeling, actually.

Like, I don't want to be heartbroken because I knew Donghyuck and I's relationship was going to end one way or another.

Just not like that.

My poor friends had to witness it too, and physically be a part of it, which makes me feel so ashamed and embarrassed.

If I see them, they're going to pity me and think about what happened too!

Gosh, I feel like going home.

Like, home home.

Far from here.

"Donghyuck's going to be there..." June enters my room and sits besides me on my bed.

"Now I am completely and fully sure I do not want to go."

"I know I probably shouldn't have said that if I wanted to convince you to come." Her hand gently strokes my head. "I just don't want you to be stuck here the entire day."

"Just another month and then I won't be stuck here." I mutter, my voice muffled from my hardcore pillow cuddling.

"Absolutely not. This is our summer vacation."

"It was a good vacation a week ago."

"Ok," June stands up. "I see you're still in your feels. I'll leave you alone today. But, you will not be in this bed for any longer than today."

"What makes you so sure of that?"

"I won't allow it." She heads for the door and turns back with a smile. "I'm your best friend."

I scoff, flipping around to the other side. "Have fun."

"What was that?"

"Leave."

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

June Kole

"Where's Donghyuck?" I ask, meeting up with the boys at our usual beach spot. "He's coming, right?"

"He's in the bathroom. He stepped on something nasty." Taeil explains with a snort.

"What about Naomi?" Zack asks. "Still couldn't get her to come?"

"She wouldn't even let go of her pillow." I rest my hands behind my head. "If I tried to pull her away, she'll bite off my hand."

Zack sighs. "I know she feels embarrassed to see us, but I hope she knows we're not judging her in any way at all."

"Yeah. Whatever happened that night was all Daeho's fault." Mark says.

"Did you guys get a chance to talk to him?" I ask.

"No..." Taeil presses his lips together, stealing a glance at Mark and Zack.

Zack scratches his head. "Um, well, after Donghyuck returned that night, he went straight to Daeho's room..."

flashback.

Donghyuck bursts through the front door with his face red and shiny. The sight was like a monster breaking into a house to murder someone.