🌞: 6

Naomi Lu

"Is it usually this boring in here?" I click a pen repeatedly for the millionth time. "I am seconds away from eating all of your ice cream."

If we have more female workers, we'll have more customers, says Taeil.

My butt.

Donghyuck rests his lazy gaze on the windows. "It's strange. There's usually a rush happening right about now. Exhausted people are coming from the beaches or some couples are going on dates."

I sigh. "Well, is there anything else you need to teach me?"

"I can't lie to you, Naomi." He turns to me with a chuckle. "All we do here is scoop ice cream. If we're lucky enough, we scoop two or even three scoops."

"I'm about to make myself a quadruple scoop of that mint ice cream." I lick my lips as I eye the mouthwatering frozen dessert.

"I would let you, but then we'd have to stock again. Stocking isn't fun."

"Really? Teach me how to do that."

"There always has to be someone out here, so we both can't be back there."

"But there's no one here!" I whine, bouncing up and down like an eager child. "Please, Donghyuck! I am so bored!"

His eyebrows raise and so do the ends of his lips.

"My legs are going to be stuck to the floor if I don't move anytime soon." I point down to my feet. "My knees might cave in from standing still for too long."

He sighs dramatically in defeat. "How can I say no now? Come on, let's be quick."

We go to the backroom and right before we enter the storage room, he stops abruptly and turns back to me.

"You know, if you ever want something from me," His tongue lightly grazes the corner of his mouth. "Just whine like that again. That was cute."

"O-" My mouth fails to respond and I just stare at him, flustered.

Donghyuck quickly turns back to the door and swings it open. "This is where we store stuff! The good ol' storage room. We keep stuff in here and if we run out of things out there, we can come in here and grab more. Simple, yes?"

"W-W-" I choke up, still flustered by his sudden comment about my childish whining.

He laughs. "Yes, it's amazing."

"Uh." I awkwardly cough. "An-Anything else?"

Gosh, he has me stuttering my lips off.

"Um, there's not much else. We have other people who take most care back here." He runs his fingers along the boxes. "Oh! At the very back is where we play with the leftover boxes."

"Play?"

"When we were closing one time, there was this really small box, like it was so tiny. Zack made a bet with Mark to see who can throw something and make it in first."

Donghyuck holds up the tiny box and I gasp.

"That is the smallest box I've ever seen! What was even in there?"

"No idea. All I know is that this box will forever be in our memories...and our way of deciding who is doing trash that night."

"Sounds fun. Let me try."

"Go ahead. It's way harder than it looks, trust me. It took Zack forever to get one in. And Mark still hasn't even made one yet."

I grab a small rock off the floor and stood several feet away from the box. I close one of my eyes and stuck my tongue out to ensure my aim.