🌞: 3

Naomi Lu

5 minutes into beach time and I feel humongous sunburns forming all over my body. I totally forgot to put sunscreen on.

With this place being a mile away from the sun, I might be the dumbest person alive to forget to put on sunscreen.

I could protect myself from the burn if I went deeper into the water, but....not gonna lie, I'm kind of scared.

I love swimming and the beach is super fun and all....but sharks.....jellyfish....sharks...

June's all the way in the water on the tube, she was taking pictures, but it looks like she fell asleep.

Ha, loser.

Right now, I'm just chilling at the shore, playing with the white sand and looking for small crabs.

"Hey, Naomi!" I hear Zack calling from afar.

I turn around and see Zack and his boy squad walking over in their multicolored swim trunks, carrying an umbrella, towels, and a cooler.

I stand up and patted the sand off my thighs. "Hey, guys!"

"Where's June? Is she buried underneath the sand?" Zack asks and looks out to the ocean. "Oh, never mind. She's over there getting burnt."

"Did you set up a place yet?" Mark asks. "We need to snatch an area to keep our stuff."

"I was just chilling here, so I guess this is our spot." I point to my really sad and small sand castle that's more like a sand pile.

Mark and Taeil head over and set down all the stuff.

"Your hair's not wet." Zack pokes my head. "How come you didn't go in yet? Aren't you burning up?"

"Well, I was, uh...waiting for you guys." I scratch my temple.

"Oh, yeah! You're afraid of sharks, right? HA, what a chicken!"

"Shark attacks happen and remember that episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S? Monica got stung by a jellyfish and she was barely in the water!"

Zack pats my shoulder. "Don't you see the other people in the water? Enjoying the beach and being alive?"

I cross my arms and turn away from him. "Joke all you want. I was just waiting for some more company."

"Zack! Come here! The umbrella isn't opening!" Taeil shouts.

Zack scurries away, leaving Donghyuck and I.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty scared of sharks too. Honestly, the ocean is really scary if you think about it." He joins me at my side. "But it's really safe here, Naomi. The water's really clear, so you'll see what's in the water."

"Thanks. That actually does make me feel a lot better." I look off at the ocean and find June doggy paddling her way back to the shore.

"Hey, guys! Mark brought some soda! Come and get some!" Zack screams.

Donghyuck and I rush over to the cooler, each grabbing a Pepsi.

"Didn't know you guys arrived." June grumbles, trudging the inflatable tube alongside her. "Wouldn't hurt to give a shout."

Her face was covered in sunscreen. The white was hysterical.

"You look Flashback Mary." Zack jokes, earning a smack from June.

"Flashback Mary?" Mark, Taeil, and Donghyuck look to each other in confusion.

"It's a meme." I tell them with a laugh.