🌞:13

Naomi Lu

"You know what I don't understand? Why would he try so hard to get into a relationship with you, KNOWING he wasn't even allowed to?"

I watch my friend rant as she grabs a handful of sand and slowly releases it back to the ground. She had her sunglasses on, but I could tell her eyes were twitching from annoyance.

"Pretend that you two aren't dating? Pretend that you two are nothing more than friends? Wait, so is he basically saying he doesn't want his family to know about you?"

"June, I know it sounds bad, but maybe it's not as bad as it sounds." I place a hand over hers. "Come on, don't be so angry."

"I'm not trying to be angry! I don't want to be angry. How are you not angry?"

"It's just for a week, right?" I mindlessly trace my finger on the sand. "Then after that, it'll be ok."

June stands up with an irritated huff. "I'm going to the water to cool off."

"Yeah. Let's forget about this."

As I tiptoe into the clear waters, my mind wanders off again.

Now that I think about it, I know absolutely nothing about Donghyuck. We've only known each other for a month, but there were plenty of opportunities for us to discuss family or life back home.

I've briefly talked about my family, my ex, and how I met Zack and June. Donghyuck, on the other hand, never spoke a syllable of his family.

I guess he doesn't want to.

🌞🌞🌗🌘🌑

As the day grew tired and went down to rest, night came about. The stars appeared and shined upon the waters of the beach.

For dinner, we wanted to do a little something more than just eating out. The boys went to buy some meat and other snacks while June and I prepared a bonfire.

We clean around an area and made sure it was clear of any debris. I go to collect some rocks and wood while June digs a hole in the ground.

I bring back the items and set up the structure of the bonfire.

June sets up foldable beach chairs that Taeil lent us earlier around the fire.

The boys arrive right on time with the food. They drop it off and helped us with the fire.

"Hey, we did this without any of your help." I smile smugly towards Zack. "Girl power."

"Period." June copies my smile.

"So what? We picked out the food AND snacks without any of your help." Zack crosses his arms.

"Beat that!" Mark exclaims.

"Yeah!" Taeil joins.

Donghyuck sits back on a beach chair with his stare on the ocean.

"Let's hope you actually got the right kind of meat." June retaliates.

"How would we get the wrong type of meat?" Zack scoffs at her.

I exclude myself from the conversation and joined my boyfriend in his stare off with the moonlit ocean.

"Hey." I quietly greet, sitting down in front of him. "You ok?"

His adam's apple moves as he nods.

I reach over and grip his hand. "Donghyuck, can we talk now?"