🌞:17

Naomi Lu

"Daeho, you should go ahead and meet up with our friends

"Daeho, you should go ahead and meet up with our friends." I tell him as I put on some gold earrings. "They're waiting for you at the restaurant."

"Do you have a necklace to match with those earrings?" He disregards my order and comes closer to me. "I think a necklace would be nice too."

"I'm not much of a jewelry person. These earrings are pushing it already." I press my lips into a tight smile.

And so are you.

"Pushing what?"

Letting out a sigh, I grab his shoulders and turn him towards my front door. "Go. Your brother and his friends are waiting for you."

"Will you be alright on your own?"

I continue pushing him to the door. "I'll be fine. I am a mature and responsible adult."

Yet, I'm tiptoeing around this guy.

I'm so annoyed.

"Ok, then! It's 8:30. Don't be late for your date! Remember to be really nice to him!" He chirps a little too happily.

I fake a smile until the door closes completely.

Be nice to Paul? Just what do you think this is? It's just a date. I have no obligation to go out with this guy. Why do I have to be nice to him?

"F**k." I mumble under my breath as I flop down onto the couch.

Donghyuck's going to see me going on a date with someone. Everyone is going to see me going on a date with someone.

It's going to look so bad.

I couldn't explain to June earlier because Daeho was literally staring into my soul, basically holding an imaginary gun to my head.

Gosh, I hope none of them get the wrong idea.

I wish I could call her right now and explain everything, but my phone is as dead as my old group chats.

Daeho used up all my battery to play games earlier while I was showering and getting ready.

There's no use charging it now. I have to head out.

Somehow, I need to make sure Donghyuck doesn't get the wrong idea and NOT make Daeho suspicious of our relationship....

🌑🌑🌑🌑🌑

"Well, don't you look so lovely tonight?" Paul greets me with a tiny gentleman's bow. "How lucky am I to meet someone like you?"

"Not that lucky." I force out posh laughter. "There were tons of beautiful ladies at the beach."

"I found you the prettiest." He winks.