🌞: 9

Naomi Lu

I find Donghyuck sitting down on the damp sand near the shore. His arms were resting on his knees and his gaze was on the gloomy night sky in front of him.

A cool breeze brushes against my exposed body and I bring my arms around me. I walk closer and without a word, sat down next to him.

His gaze switches to me instantly, but he looks down right after.

"I'm sorry." He sighs, bringing his hands to his face.

"Don't apologize. If I were in your place, I'd knock that guy straight in the nose if Jimin didn't come." I place a comforting hand on his back.

He weakly chuckles. "Right."

"Hey, it's ok." I gently pat him. "Don't worry about him. He's gone."

"I'm not worried about that."

"What are you worried about? If you don't mind telling me."

He looks up at me with the sparkliest eyes I've ever seen in my entire life. His cheeks were a light red and his lips were as pink as usual.

Not that I look.

"I really like you." He softly confesses with his gaze on the sand in between us.

I cut my breath short.

"I know it's sudden. Like, we barely met. I understand how weird this must sound, but I genuinely have feelings for you and it will kill me if I don't ever tell you."

"I-It's not weird. I think it's sweet, but...but..."

"But what?" His eyes focus closely on me.

"I have to go."

"Huh?"

I stand up quickly and brushed the sand off my legs. "I just remembered I had something to...do."

"Wait, Naomi-"

I walk away from him as fast as I could. I didn't want to run because that would cause a scene and I do not need a scene right now.

Gosh, I'm such a jerk!

Why did I just leave him?!

I could've just rejected him and leave, but then I would look like an even bigger jerk!

I didn't know what to say back, so I just left. That wasn't smart, I know, but I did not expect him to confess in that moment....or at all...

I thought it was just going to be flirting and flirting and flirting, but never a confession...

Zack, you were completely wrong!

"Naomi! Look! Zack and Mark are having a contest- Where are you going? Why are you walking so fast?" June jogs over to me and holds my arms to keep me still. "You good?"

"I'm going back home." I shake her arms off and tried to get past her, but she continued to talk.

"What happened?"

I scratch my forehead with a finger and shook my head. "I'm not feeling well."

"What?"