🌞:18

June Kole

No one was talking.

Daeho was calmly eating his food.

Mark was on his phone.

Taeil was playing with a napkin.

Donghyuck was still mentally planning a diabolical murder in his head.

Zack and I tried several times to get Donghyuck's attention, but it seems like he put up a shield of anger and stubbornness around himself. He wouldn't even touch his phone, let alone look at it.

I'll just try after dinner.

We all finish our food a lot faster than usual and instead of sticking around to chat, we leave the restaurant faster than when we came in.

Mark and Taeil purposely walk slow to avoid the sharp tension that was happening between Daeho and Donghyuck.

Daeho stretches his arms above his head. "Delicious dinner! It was really good. Now, I'm tired."

"Yeah, it was good...yeah..." Mark awkwardly coughs. "It wasn't suffocating at all."

Taeil elbows his rib.

I pinch Zack's arm meat and head pointed towards Daeho.

"D-Daeho, let's go take some pictures!" Zack yells, going over to Daeho's side.

"I'm too tired-"

Zack forcibly snatches his hand and drags him away. "Look! That spot is perfect for a photo shoot! Here, take some photos of me."

That won't keep him for long, but it still gives me some time.

"Donghyuck. Donghyuck." I jog over to him and tap his shoulder. "Hey, look, let me explain-"

"Why are they STILL in there? They're still eating even though their plates are completely empty." His jaw trembles in anger.

"Donghyuck, please listen. This is not what it looks like at all-"

"And WHY does she look so happy with him? Why the hell is she smiling and laughing like that with some random dude?"

"Daeho forced-"

"I keep doing this sh*t to myself. Putting myself in situations like these where I feel stupid. We're in a temporary relationship that's going to be over in a month. Why am I caring this much?"

I grab his shirt and roughly turned him towards me. "LISTEN TO ME!"

"Donghyuck?"

Our heads snap towards the voice.

Naomi stands several yards away from us with her date standing at her side.

"Naomi-" I open my mouth to speak.

Just then, her date pulls her in and crashes his lips onto hers. His arms wrap around her waist while her body stays frozen under his touch.

My breath cuts short.

"Naomi!" Zack appears by my side.

"뽀뽀! So beautiful, right?" Daeho's snarky comment rips through the breathless silence.

My grip on Donghyuck's shirt loosens.

"Tch." He clenches his fists.

Sucking in my breath, I try to get ahold of Donghyuck again so he wouldn't be able to leave, but he doesn't waste a second to take off down the street and into the night.

"Donghyuck!" Mark and Taeil shout at the top of their lungs.

"Don't try. He will not speak to anyone now." Daeho shakes his head, chuckling. "Let's all go back to house."