🌞:20 (finale)

Naomi Lu

"Why? Wh-What are you..."

He was dressed in gray sweatpants, an orange hoodie, and a black hat with a mask that was pushed down under his chin.

His suitcase was also besides his leg.

"You're leaving."

"Donghyuck kick me out...that night when...yeah. But no plane come yesterday, so I sleep at a motel for three nights." Daeho's voice was shaky as his eyes fail to come in contact with mine.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, keeping my cool under control.

This is the first time I've seen him since the incident. And since then, I've come up with the nastiest things to say to him.

His lips begin trembling and he suddenly bends over with his arms behind him.

"Daeho-"

"I AM SO SORRY!" He screams, whipping out a bag.

He holds a plastic bag with two hands extended out towards me. His head was down and his legs were as stiff as sticks.

"I AM SORRY FOR WHAT I DID! IT WAS CHILDISH! I UNDERSTAND IF YOU DO NOT FORGIVE ME, BUT PLEASE...PLEASE ACCEPT MY GIFT!"

My jaw drops, completely taken back by his gesture.

"I-It's boba from the place you take me to. I got you taro flavor because you said you wanted to try it." He stammers. "Please drink it well!"

I slowly grab the bag from his shaky hands. "Thanks..."

"Donghyuck really...really loves you."

My eyes widen. "Huh?" 

Daeho leans back up, cracking a small smile. "My brother really loves you, Naomi. The way he talk about you......a-and he's really sorry about what he said! He did not mean it and everything is my fault. Please do not hate him!" He bows his head again.

"I-I don't hate him!"

"Please forgive him too." He leans back up, sighing. "I have to go now."

Daeho grips his suitcase handle and turns away.

"Wait!"

I set down the boba bag and ran towards him. I lift my arms and wrapped them around his shoulders for a small hug.

"Naomi?"

"I forgive you." I pull away from him. "It takes a lot to apologize like this."

"Thank you." He weakly chuckles. "You really are a good person."

"I try."

He turns away again and waves. "Goodbye, Naomi."

"Have a safe flight."

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

"What? Really?! You're really coming!" June gasps over the phone.

I laugh. "Yeah, that's why I called to see if you guys were still there."

"Yes, we're still here! We decided to stay and watch the sunset. Hey, if you're actually coming, can you bring my towel? I went for a dip and have not dried since then."

"Sure. I'll be there in a few minutes. Oh, is Donghyuck there?"

"No, he had to go back to his house to change, he said he'll be back later."

"Oh-"

"NAOMI!" Zack's voice suddenly comes on the phone. "NAOMI! I MISS YOU! PLEASE HURRY AND GIVE ME A HUG!"