🌞: 2

Naomi Lu

After settling in to our new, AMAZING vacation house, June and I went back to the village square and attempted to find the ice cream shop where Zack works at.

"What if we get lost?" I scan around the area, trying to find something that looks ice cream related.

"Then a magical pony will pop out of nowhere and show us the way."

"Ugh, that'd be so cool."

"Oh, hey! Right there!" June points towards a pastel pink ice cream shop that's tucked in between a swimsuit store and an arcade.

We enter the shop and the crisp air conditioning hit us like a tsunami.

A....good tsunami.

We stand in the doorway for a good 3 seconds, weirdly enjoying the cool air before fully entering the shop.

It's like we're walking on the sun out there, don't judge us.

"Oh, man, I can smell the mint chocolate already." I sniff the air. "I can see into the future right now and I see a lot of time and money being spent here."

"Screw your mint chocolate. I want my vanilla."

"Basic."

"Whatever. Look, they have a bathroom. I'm gonna go empty the tank. You order first."

"Alrighty."

I walk over to the register and a red-haired cashier looks at me with a very pleasant smile.

Whoa, how did I not notice him when I walked in?

"Welcome! How may I help you?" The cashier asks and leans forward to give me all of his attention.

I point to the mint chocolate bucket. "Can I have a cone of mint chocolate. 2 scoops, please! Big as you can!"

He laughs at my enthusiasm. "Not a problem."

"Thanks a bunch." I pull out my wallet. "How much will it be?"

"Are you new here? I haven't seen a girl like you around before." He ignores my question and tilts his head to the side.

"Oh, yeah, I'm new. It's my first time visiting here."

He smiles at me for another second before pressing something on the register. "Well, I hope you're liking it so far. And since you're new, you can get a free cone."

"Really?" I open my mouth delightfully. "That's sweet. Thanks!"

"You're very welcome. Lemme get your 2 scoops of mint chocolate for you." He sends a playful wink my way.

I giggle at his sudden charisma.

He goes for the ice cream bucket and I watch him scoop me the two biggest scoops I've ever seen in all my ice cream journey.

He returns with my dream cone and carefully hands it to me.

"Enjoy! And also enjoy your time here. Come back again too." He hands me a napkin. "And careful not to spill on your clothes. It's too pretty to ruin, right?"

I laugh and grab the napkin. "Right. Thanks again."

I make my way to an empty table that's parallel to the register where the nice cashier's standing.

June comes out from the small hall in the corner of the shop where the bathroom was and goes to buy her cone.

She gets a single scoop of vanilla (basic) and joins me at the table.