🌞: 8

Naomi Lu

"Zack just sent a text." June swipes her lipstick slowly while looking at her phone. "He said to just meet them there."

I spray some perfume around my body. "Alright. Let's get going?"

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

With our flip flops flopping through the sand, we made our way to the party as soon as the clock hit midnight.

The bass in the music bumped so loud, I could feel the vibration in the sand beneath me. The sound of chatter and cheering became louder and louder as we get closer to the party spot.

I'm surprised there haven't been any complaints about this bonfire. Any noise would get reported in my neighborhood.

I could see the flames of the bonfire light up the party like it was signaling a plane. The flames reached a great height and the colors were mesmerizing.

People were arriving along with us. Some were running towards the bonfire and some were jumping into the ocean.

Not a fully dressed human being in sight.

"It already looks wild." I say, rubbing my arms.

"Come on, let's shake the nervousness off and go get some drinks." June hooks onto my arm and drags me forward.

We finally reach the center of the party. There was a huge bonfire with large wooden planks laying around for seating. A tropical themed bar was on the right with bartenders throwing around drinks. A DJ booth on the left with speakers an the sides.

People were shaking their stuff already and grinding on each other with no shame.

I gulp. "Ok, I need a drink."

"Look, I think that's Grace!" June head points towards the crowd of dancing folks.

I see a tan girl in a neon yellow bikini riding on top of the crowd with a glass in her hand. I could see her bright smile from where I was and I instantly felt attracted to her.

"She's gorgeous as hell!" June exclaims. "Damn, she's crowd surfing with barely any clothes on and alcohol in her hand. Zack was not playing around."

"Speaking of Zack..." I point towards the crowd.

Zack was below Grace, holding her up while shaking his little booty. Mark and Taeil were there too, dancing with chicks with their toned chests exposed.

"We thought we were early." June scoffs.

"Let's just get a drink and hop in."

We make our way to the bar and a cute bartender slides over.

"You two are definitely new! Tell me your names!" He screams over the music and smiles at us.

"I'm June and this is Naomi!" June responds, screaming too.

"Gotcha! Nice to meet you two lovely peeps! Any requests?"

"Just...Just give us your strongest drink!" I say.

"I see! You two want fun!" The bartender chuckles and begins making a drink. "I dig that! I'll give you two some fun!"

In less than 10 seconds, he sets down two glasses of pretty purple liquid in front of us. We take it hesitantly, but downed it before we could chicken out.

The drink runs through my throat effortlessly and tingles my insides.

"I-I like it!" June screams in my face. "It tastes like sweet candy!"