8

wills pov
-

its now officially been four days since ive last spoken to the group, or in other words, its been four days since i last kissed mike at the party.

i kinda had a meltdown after me and mike kissed half because i was drunk and half because too many things were going through my head.

jonathan took me home without any questions because he probably didnt wanna know what was going on.  for four days, i havent been able to get the thought of mikes lips against mine out of my head. i know it may be selfish because he has a girlfriend, but its true.

ever since the day i first met him, theres been something about him thats different from anybody else. he's special.

i guess you could call our friendship different from any other regular one. we were always clingy towards eachother and we would hold hands when no one was looking. not in a romantic way, but more of a platonic best friend way.

we havent been like that since el came into the picture, since she's always pinned to mikes side. its hard to say that im not a little disappointed at that.

what if our kiss ruined things? what if we cant be friends now? heck, we cant be friends now. its ruined everything.

as i laid on my bed, head between my legs, i started to cry. i cant believe a stupid boy has made me feel this way, so defenseless and confused. but the thing is, he made me feel good. so freaking good.

ive never felt such a way. maybe its an exaggeration, maybe its not, but what happened between us was something more than just a dare.

if i, for some reason, enjoyed the kiss that would mean i was gay, a queer. im not. im just not that way. from a young age, my father always called me a queer because of how small i was. im scarred from his words.

suddenly, my head started swirling, causing me to forget about what i was previously thinking about. i started crying about ten times harder as i pushed myself onto the ground.

"i-im not a-a fag" i weaped, holding onto the floor. im not gay, and i need to make sure mike knew that.

i grabbed my coat that was sitting on the edge of my bed and i pushed myself up off of the ground. i put my coat on and i quickly walked outside, the pouring rain blending with my tears. i'm going to mikes.

-
mikes pov
-

ever since dustin and lucas left last week, ive been in my bed, not able to get out. ive just been sad and in denial.

a knock on the front door interrupted my thoughts, and i got out of my bed, walking down the stairs to the front door.

i still had dried tears on my cheeks from crying earlier in the day plus extea messy hair. i had no interest in fixing my appearance before i opened the door so i just went for it.

after opening the door, i saw a small looking will, soaked with rain. "w-will what're you doing here?" i asked

"i-i.." he stuttered, looking up at me with red, strained eyes. before he could continue, i grabbed his arm and pulled him inside. "get in here.." i mumbled.. "youre freezing"

i quickly grabbed a blanket that was neatly folded on the bench beside the door and i draped it over his shoulders. "thanks.." he said quiety, daring not to make eye contact with me.

"hey lets go up to my room" i said with a half smile, "ill get you some dry clothes"

once we were up in my room, i went over to my chest of drawers and i managed to find a pair of grey sweatpants and a white t shirt that he could wear.

i quickly handed him the clothes and said "here, you can wear these" he nodded as a quick responsd and he said "turn around" with a bashful smile.

"oh right" i said, turning around with a blush appearing over my face. i couldnt help but to grin at at the other boys smile.

"okay 'm done" he said i turned around. the clothes i gave him were completely oversized on him. the sweatpants had to be tied around his waist and the shirt i gave him hung down to his mid thigh. he looked adorable.

i sat on my bed and he grabbed the blanket that i gave him earlier and draped it around his shoulders once again. he sat on the bed right beside me, earning a small flutter from my heart as we both sat in silence.

"um so what happened on friday..?" he asked ever so quietly.

"what do you mean?" i asked, attempting to sound oblivious.

"well- i mean- we just-" he started but cut himself off.

"i mean we did it for the game i guess" i said and shrugged simply. i could see a pained expression on his face.

"you sound kind of uncertain about that" he scoffed

"well what was it for you then?" i questioned, slighly annoyed, cocking up an eyebrow

"i dont freaking know, mike. you're confusing me!" he said, raising his voice and standing up. i looked at him for a few seconds before making my way from my side of the bed to his. i stopped when his face was dangerously close to mine.

"why am i confusing you, will?" i breathed against his lips, causing a shiver to go down his spine.

"i-i dont know.." he stuttered. i placed my hands on his hips, making our bodies press together.

"what do you want me to do, will?" i whispered hotly against his lips. his breath started to shake as he made eye contact with me. everything and everyone were out of my thoughts, all except will.

"kiss me." he whispered before my lips were pressed onto his

this kiss was so much less heated than our kiss that we shared before, but it still had the same spark, electrocuting my heart.

it felt neverending. it felt good.

neither of us wanted to pull away, but we did. our foreheads pressing against eachother, he whispered against my lips "wow" with a growing  smile

"wow" i repeated, both of our arms around eachothers shoulders. "so what is this? what are we?" he asked.

"friends" i said quietly.

"really good friends" he smiled