15

wills pov
-

seeing the curly headed boy smile at me made me smile as well as i walked over and sat next to him, taking him up on his offer. "hi harry" i sweetly said.

"i'm sorry about mike.." i said, referring to his episode earlier "he's just protective"

"oh no i completely understand it!" harry said placing his hand onto my own. "i would be protective over a pretty boy like you too"

a blush covered my cheeks, making me slightly turn away from him. he took his hand off of mine and he fiddled with both of his hands.

"so.. this mike.. are you two dating or something?" he asked, looking over at me.

"no." i immediately lied. i knew that mike and i were together of course, but i just didn't want the public to know. "good." harry responded, making me turn towards him with furrowed eyebrows

"i just needed to know if i had a competition." he said, winking at the end. i nervously chuckled to myself, feeling my palms start to sweat. "well it looks like you're in luck" i said, making myself surprised. was i really flirting back?

"lucky me." he said placing a hand on his chin and looking at me admiringly. i just quietly laughed to myself and i looked down, trying to avoid his eyes.

"will, are you okay?" he asked after a moment of me not looking back at him "what, yeah? i'm fine." i said,  making eye contact with him once again. "oh okay, good. you kinda looked feverish for a moment." he said with a concerned look on his face.

"no no, i'm fine." i smiled "thanks for asking though."

-

all day, i couldn't get harry off of my mind. the way he just swept into my life was insane. although we haven't even known eachother for a day, he's just been so kind to me. i haven't felt so loved in a while ?

i don't know what it is, but i get a good and loving vibe from harry. yeah, mike is perfect but he doesn't treat me as good as i should be treated. i don't know how to feel.

"hi" i heard a voice say, pulling me out of my thoughts. i turned my head to see that it was mike along with our other friends. he walked closer to me and leaned up against the lockers beside me, placing a hand in my back left pocket, where no one could see.

i felt a ruby blush rip across my face and lucas was quick to notice it "will, what's wrong? are you sick or something?" he asked.

moving impossibly closer to me, mike asked "yeah, are you will?"

"i-i no i'm just hot" i said quickly, pulling away from mike. i could see the confused look on his face in the corner of my eye and i felt the slightest bit guilty about my having this "feeling" towards harry.

it's quite funny to think that not even a week ago, i couldn't accept the fact that i liked will and now i have a crush on some guy i just met. the thing is, harry isn't even that cute. he just.. makes my heart tingle.

-

three days later

-

harry and i had talked a lot these past few days. he was actually a really sweet guy. he was a senior this year while i was only a sophomore so we had completely different friend groups.

mike and i had surprisingly not talked that much. i guess that was a good thing though, now that me and harry were talking more.

don't get me wrong, i do feel guilty for just dropping mike for harry. but i feel like it would be easier to just drop the relationship rather than to pretend to like mike as much as he thought i did.

i like mike, i like him a lot. but the potential that i could possibly like harry makes me forget about that. i don't want to leave him hanging.

"so we're still on for tomorrow after school, yeah?" harry asked as he pulled up into my driveway at my house. this was the second day that he had driven me home. i nodded in response to his question. earlier today, he had asked if i wanted to hang out after school tomorrow and i agreed, only if my friends could come.

he was pretty open to the idea and he even offered to invite some of his own friends so that we could all get to know each other. i made it pretty clear that i didn't want him to let the gang know that i was gay.

the conversation that we had was pretty awkward because nothing romantic had happened between us yet but there was obviously a connection. he understood it and so did i. it was simple. meant to be.

"well... bye" i said and turned my body towards the car door before i turned around and gave harry a quick peck on the cheek. before either of us could say anything, i got out of the car and ran inside.

i closed the door behind me and slid down, my back against the frame. i pressed my fingers against my smiling lips, being completely in shock of what had just happened.

that night, i went to sleep and the only thing on my mind was what was gonna happen tomorrow.

<3

i hate this chapter oops but thanks for all of the reads wtf