28

mikes pov
-
i walked over to the opening of the cliff and the first and only thing i could see was the sunset, gosh, was it beautiful. it was easily one of the most beautiful things that i had ever seen.

although the sunset was beautiful, the sunset wasn't the most beautiful thing in front of me. it was will.

will was standing on the edge of the cliff. if he had gotten any closer to the edge, it looked like he would have fallen off. what could he be doing here?

with curious eyes, i walked over beside him. i didn't say anything, i just stood there. he didn't seem so surprised when he turned his head to see me.

i furrowed my eyes in confusion when it finally settled in that he was here. i thought he went to dustins house to study. "i thought you were at dustins." i simply said

"i was going to. i had a detour." he said, not breaking our eye contact. "what are you doing here?" he asked me.

"i just wanted to see the sunset." i said. "but seeing you is better."

"mike." he blushed, burying his head into my shoulder.

"before i came here, i tried to call you, ya know?" i told him.

"well you found me." he said, his head still laying on my shoulder.

this felt like a dream. i was here, a beautiful cliff, overlooking a beautiful lake, with a beautiful sunset, with my true love. my soulmate. there's truly no place that i would ever want to be.

maybe if life were always more like this, i wouldn't mind sticking around.

"can i be honest?" i asked.

he nodded, not having to say anything.

"i didn't come here to see the sunset." i told him, finally telling someone the truth. i couldn't lie to him. i vowed not to.

he picked his head off of my shoulder and looked me in the eyes. "can i be honest?" he asked.

i nodded just like he did a few seconds before.

"i didn't come here on a detour either." he said. that didn't come as a surprise to me at all. "so why did you come her-" i attempted to ask him but i was cut off by his words.

"what if i told you i wanted to do something crazy?" he asked, interrupting me.

"how crazy?" i asked. but i had a feeling that i already knew the answer.

"i came here to kill myself mike. i was just about to jump off before you got here." he admitted. even after he said his words, the mood hadn't changed. it's as if he has already accepted his fate. but that was okay. because i've already accepted mine.

"okay." i said, taking my eyes from him and placing them back on the sunset.

"you won't stop me, will you? please don't stop me." he said, looking at the sunset as well.

"i won't." i simply announced. "just as long as you won't stop me." i finished.

we both looked at eachother. "you came here to end your life too?" he asked

"yeah." i nodded.

"let's do it together." will said. i looked over to him in curiosity.

"are you serious?" i asked him.

"yeah." he said with a smile. i didn't say anything. i just stood there and looked at him in astonishment.

"mike, say something. if you don't, i'll feel like i'm going crazy" he chuckled

"well, let's go crazy together." i said, taking his hand in mine.

we both looked looked in front of us. "you ready?" i asked him.

"mhmm." he responded.

"okay on the count of three..." i said

one

two

three

and we both jumped. into pure, sweet happiness.

the end