12

mikes pov
-

"mike!" el exclaimed, hugging me and then leaving a wet kiss on my lips, her facial expression not matching her actions. "i missed you..." she said sweetly, burying her head into my chest.

"el we have to talk..." i said looking down, pushing her off of me. she suddenly started to look nervous, sitting down on the couch "i actually uh have to talk to you too.." she whispered, sitting on the couch.

"oh okay" i said, sitting beside her. "w-we need to break up mike." she said simply, looking up at me with tears appearing in her eyes.

my heart started quickly beating, "what, why?" i asked.

"when we first started dating, i didnt know what love was. i thought you and i were in love, but i was wrong. i do love you, mike. i really do.. but as a friend." she explained.

"i understand." i said. "here give me a hug.." i mumbled softly, opening her to an embrace.

"im so sorry mike. i dont want you to hurt." she said, hugging me, starting to cry in my chest. "its okay el, its okay." i said, soothingly rubbing her back. "everything is gonna be okay."

"s-so what did you need to talk to me about" she asked, pulling away. "oh its nothing. i forgot." i smiled

"im glad we talked, eleven." i said and stood up. "me too." she smiled

-

"bye!" eleven called as she closed the front door behind her. "yes!" i squealed to myself as i started dancing randomly.

nancy walked into the room and looked at me weirdly "uh whats that all about?" she asked, laughing. "nothin much!" i said, walking upstairs to go into my room. now that everything has been sorted out with el, i need yo make things right with will.

"bye mom, im gonna go to wills!" i yelled, before picking my backpack off of my floor and throwing it over my shoulder and walking out of the front door.

i jumped on my bike and made my way to the chestnut haired boys house, smiling. now we can finally be happy. theres no el, my parents arent as suspicious anymore. its perfect.

i pulled up at the byers house a few minutes later and i just walked in, not being able to wait. "hi mike?" joyce said as she looked at me like i was insane. "hi mrs. byers! is will in his room?" i asked

she nodded and looked back down at the magazine that she was looking at. i walked into wills room, without knocking, being greeted with a panicked looking will, crumbling up a piece of paper and shoving it behind his back.

"what're you doing here?" he snarled, staring at me.

"i need to talk to you. i need to apologize." i said, walking towards him. "dont you fucking come anywhere near me." he said, pain in his eyes.

"will, just liste-" i started but i was cut off by him

"no, you fucking listen, mike." he angrily said, walking up to me, putting a finger into my chest. "you ignored me. YOU didnt talk to me for a month. YOU said that we shouldnt be friends. ive tried to not talk to you, mike, i really have." he said, getting angrier by the second, tears starting to fall down his cheeks.

"but guess what? no matter how much i hate you, or pretend to hate you, i cant. i cant even keep you out of my thoughts" he said, removing his finger from my chest. "i fucking love you mike and thats why i fucking hate you."

i let a small gasp slip past my mouth as the last sentance slid out of his mouth. he loves me.

"i love you too, will." i said, his face instantly softening. "you do?" i asked, looking up at me with glassy eyes. "i do." i said without hesitation.

he embraced me, instantly burying his face into my chest. we both cried, no we sobbed for at least ten minutes before i was the one to break the silence "im sorry, will. i never meant to hurt you."

"its okay. you dont need to explain." he said, looking down at our feet.

"can i kiss you?" i asked, causing a small blush to appear over wills cheeks as he nodded.

i tilted his chin up with my fingers and placed my lips onto his, causing fireworks to explode into my stomach.

it was in this moment that i realized that i had met the love of my life. he was all i needed and more.

as we both pulled away, a knock was heard at his door. "mike, your mom just called and she said that she wants you at home now.." wills mom called from in the hallway.

"okay, thanks mrs. byers." i said, still staring into wills eyes. "i gotta go.." i whispered, caressing his soft,peachy cheek.

"i dont want you to.." he whispered back.

i picked my back pack up from off of the ground where it had been placed a couple minutes before, along with a crumbled up piece of paper that mustve fallen out of my bag. i placed the paper into my pocket and said "bye will"

"bye"

i turned around and placed my hand onto the doornob, but then looked back at him. and for the second time today, i said "i love you."

"i love you too."

<3

bruh moment i'm sorry for the late update