20

mikes pov
-

"pssst!" i heard a voice sharply whisper. my eyes looked up to see an all too far familiar face staring at me through the doorway. i was the desk sitting closest to the entrance so no one else heard.

"what?" i mouthed to him, looking at my paper and then back up at will that was talking to me through the door.

"come here!" he mouthed, motioning his arms wildly. i rolled my eyes and i looked back down at my worksheet in front of me, ignoring him. i had no intention of talking to him. after what he accused me of, trying to break him and harry up, i was done with him.

he obviously didn't see me as a good friend, so i won't bother trying to live up to more than his expectations. after a moment, i saw will disappear from the doorway. i let out a breath of relief, seeing that will disappeared.

it wasn't but about ten minutes later that he walked into the classroom with a small smile on his face. i squinted my eyes and made a face at him as a way of saying 'what the hell are you doing'

he had a small piece of paper in his right hand and it had large letters printed on it. he walked up to my teacher, mr. dale and handed him the piece of paper. a couple seconds later, mr. dale cleared his throat and spoke  "mike wheeler, you're needed in the counselors office."

walking out of the room, will smirked to himself. he was basically prancing.  that sneaky bastard. i couldn't resist leaving the room, or else mr. dale would suspect something. i sighed before slamming down my pencil and exiting the room.

when i walked out of the classroom i was introduced to a nervous looking will, leaning up against the wall.  "what do you need will?" i asked, rolling my eyes.

"can we go somewhere, um, quieter?" he asked, playing with his fingers, not bearing to even look up at me. i nodded slowly and looked to a nearby classroom with the lights turned off. the art room.

the art teacher, miss gretchen, wasn't there today so all of her students were in the gym. "let's go in here." i said, pointing to the classroom.

i opened the door and he walked in, me going in after him. "okay. now talk. what's so urgent that you needed to pull me out of class?" i asked, crossing my arms.

"i-i think you're right, mike?" will stuttered, looking towards me with glossy eyes, as if he could cry at any given moment. "right about what? hey, don't cry. what's wrong?" i asked, taking a single step towards him and placing my hand on his arm.

"i think harry is cheating on me. you're right." he said. wow. shocker. who predicted it? me!

"mhmm, okay." i replied unamused, plopping down in the teachers rolling chair, spinning around a little bit.

"mike i'm being serious. i should have listened to you. i feel terrible. i'm sorry, mike." he pleaded, sitting on the teachers desk.

"it's okay will." i sighed "i've had some time to process some things. if i had no clue, i would defend my significant other as well."

"really?" he asked, light growing in his eyes. "mhm" i nodded "so.. are you going to break up with him?"

"i don't know. i.... love him so much." will said, half smiling, looking down at his dangling feet.

"you sound a little unsure of that." i chuckled, brushing my curly hair out of my eyes.

"it's not that i don't love him.. i did. or i think i did." he started "ever since i realized he's cheating on me, i had some time to process some things as well."

will sighed "i think i love the things he did for me more than i loved him. i really hope that doesn't make me sound like a bad person..."

"what kinds of things?" i asked, genuinely curious. what could this asshole do that i couldn't? but him chocolates, teddy bears?

"wel- uh mike" he stuttered, his face turning cherry red. "what?" i laughed. what's so embarrassing that he can't tell me?

"well he uh touched me.." he said, putting his head into his hands. "WOAH WOAH woah let's just stop there. i think i've heard enough." i said, my eyes widening at his words.

"y-yeah.. um maybe we should go." will said quickly before jumping off of the table, knocking paints off of the table in the process.

"idiot.." i heard will mumble to himself. he instantly dropped to his knees, trying to pick the paints up at once. i rushed around the table, trying help him pick up the paints.

"i-i got it mike." he said, frowning. "no no it's fine, i'm gonna help you." i insisted, picking up some paint brushes that had fallen as well. "mkay." he mumbled.

a few seconds had passed and i caught will looking at me in the corner of my eye. i raised my head to make my eyes meet his. he leaned in towards me with sleepy eyes, so close that our noses were almost touching.

his warm breath fanned against my lips. was this actually happening? will and i? so many thoughts were going through my head yet i couldn't process anything.

his eyes started to flutter shut and before i could do anything, the lights that had previously been off, flipped on. in an instant, will and i jumped back from eachother and we looked up to see mr. owing, an assistant principal of the school.

"hmm... i thought i heard some ruckus. boys, what you doing in here?" he asked, crossing his arms

"i-uh-we're finishing an art project! it's our study hall!" will squeaked

"with the lights off?"

"it's uhh... glow in the dark paint!" i said quickly, grabbing a bottle of paint from off of the floor, smiling cheekily.

"you two will have to be quieter.. it's unacceptable to be so loud." he paused "alrighty then, i'll leave you to it." he said before turning the light back off and exiting the room, closing the door behind him.

will and i both let out a breath we didn't realize we were holding and leaned up against the desk behind us.

our hands lazily laid next to our bodies, a word not being shared between us. my head turned towards him and he was already looking at me.

i moved my hand in his direction, interlocking our pinky fingers. a smile was brought upon both of our faces, still not saying anything. wills head sweetly laid onto my shoulder and i contently sighed.

i wish things were always like this.

<3

ight it's been a while. hope ur all living ur bestest life.