44

Shawn and the boys had to get back to work now. Their break and recovery was over, they started training again, Shawn was back in his office and I was all alone again.

It was so boring when they had things to do and I obviously couldn't disturb them but I wish I had something to do, or had something to keep me occupied.

A pet. I need one it's a necessity and it will keep me occupied since there's no library here.

Shawn already had a strict no animals rule in New York and I know, there is no way he would let me have one here in Toronto either.

But I really wanted one.

I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the rejection but I made my way to the office. On the way I bumped into Lance and Cole coming out.

"What are you up to little Elle?" Cole asks and I shrugged.

"Nothing" I smiled.

"You have mischievous look on your face. I know you're going in there for something" he says.

"I'm going to ask if Shawn will let me have a pet" I say and their eyes widened.

"Oh please Elle convince him! Please" Lance begged and I giggled. 

"I will try my best, I'm not giving up" I say and he grinned clapping his hands.

"Just a warning Lance brought a cat home a few years ago. He came out of Shawn's office with a black eye and no cat" Cole says and I gasped.

"Why is he so against animals?" I asked and they shrugged.

"Well good luck and also ask if we can have pizza tonight" Lance says and I giggled before giving him a nod.

I can do this. I walked into Shawn's office and he was working very hard as usual. His head buried in papers and files, his face concentrating and his glasses rested on his nose.

I closed the door and walked over to his desk and he lifted his head up to look at me. He gave me a smile which I instantly returned.

"I didn't know you wear glasses" I say and he rolled his eyes.

"I never wear them but I've been getting bad headaches recently so I need them. Also I hate them." he says and I smiled.

I made my way around his desk and he turned his chair slightly. I placed myself comfortably on to his lap and his arms came around my back supporting me. "Well I think you look incredibly sexy in them and you look super smart" I say and he grins.

"Do really like them?" He asks and I nodded.

"You look so cute" I say as I kissed his nose and then hugged him.

"What brings you to my office today?" He asks and I let out a very dramatic sigh.

"I want something" I say as rested my head on his chest and he brushed his fingers through my hair.

"No I need it" I corrected.

"Yes anything you desire my princess" he says.

"Are you sure?" I asked and he nodded.

"I want a pet. Puppy, cat, horse, pony, rabbit anything. I just want one to keep me company around the house" I say as I lifted my head up to look into his eyes.

"Am I not enough company?" He asks.

"But you're busy sometimes"

"The boys are there" he adds.

"Yeah but they're busy sometimes too" I say and he shook his head.

"We can't have a pet baby, who's going to look after it? It's going to make too much mess and it'll be too much" he says and I frowned.