76

A/N: get ready to be fed my children it's been a while.
*

It's been a few quiet weeks of us all just relaxing and taking the days as it comes. Also being pregnant was taking a toll on my body. I was getting bigger by the day which I absolutely loved experiencing and seeing my baby grow. However, it was also very painful.

I stood looking in the mirror as my stomach had dark stretch marks across the skin, around my chest, my back and my thighs. I applied some stretch mark cream on to my stomach.

It was lotion to help get rid of stretch marks. I started rubbing it all over my stomach and then I heard the bedroom door open and Shawn walked in. He frowned and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

He already knows how self-conscious I feel about my stretch marks, even though he consistently tells me it's beautiful.

"Baby how many times am I going to tell you this? You are so beautiful and these stretch marks do not make you ugly, they are a mark of our baby boy who is growing inside of you. It's something special to remember this pregnancy" he says placing a kiss on my cheek and neck. I feel tears streaming down my cheeks from his sweet words.

"Are you crying?" He asks as he hears me sniffle and I nod letting out another sniffle.

"It's not my fault, your words were so nice and just being pregnant is so emotionally draining" I cry and he chuckles before moving in front of me.

"You know your stomach is like a house, you know. Just keeping our baby in there until his nine-month free rent is up" Shawn says and I let out a giggle.

"I'm excited for him to hurry up and come. I can't wait for all the new baby experiences!" I beamed and Shawn smiled.

"I can't wait to experiment" he adds.

"Shawn it's a baby, not a science project" I say as I swat his chest and he let out a laugh.

"I don't mean like that, I mean it's going to be fun learning new things as a dad" He says and I smiled.

I was happy that he finally was excited about all this.

"I can't wait to see how you will cope with all of this. It's going to be tough you know" I say and he grinned.

"I think I can take tough, I already take care of you which is more than enough" he says and I rolled my eyes.

"All the nursery stuff is downstairs. The boys and I are going to start building it and putting it together" he says.

"Thank you!" I beamed happily.

Finally, my nesting stage was hitting where I just brought loads of things and ordered loads of things.

I couldn't help myself but every time I saw something remotely cute I had to spontaneously just buy it. Sometimes it was an unnecessary purchase and Shawn would yell at me for buying it without a reason.

For example, I brought Shawn, the baby and I matching pumpkin Halloween costumes even though he's going to born after Halloween. And I know Shawn will never wear a pumpkin costume but the picture was so adorable.

But I had a problem.

I just couldn't stop spending money.

However, this was a reason why Shawn wouldn't let me near his laptop or phone at all.

I threw my shirt on and headed out to grab a snack and then watch the boys put the nursery together.

"Hey Elle" Cole smiled with his sleeves rolled up and pastel blue paint splattered on him.

"Hey" I smiled as I went to grab some chocolate brownies.

"Have you guys started the painting?" I asked.

"Finished actually. It wasn't that hard" he says and my eyes widen.

"That was so quick!" I exclaimed and he laughed.

"Thank you for your hard work" I say and he nodded.

"How come you're all a mess?" I asked gesturing to his shirt which had paint on it.

"Lance didn't do shit, he kept throwing paint on me and messing around" he says and I let out a laugh.

"Wait my carpet!" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry, the new soft carpet that you put in wasn't ruined. I had plastic cover over that" he says and I sighed in relief.

Suddenly, we heard a loud bang followed by a shriek which was of course from Lance.

"Fuck!" Shawn yelled loudly.

I followed Cole out and up the stairs while eating my brownie to see what was going on.

"I'm broken" Lance cried as he was holding on to his arm.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"He was fighting me over the crib and then I dropped the wooden gate on him" Shawn exclaimed.

"Liar. This bitch couldn't accept that he can't fix it. I tried to help him but he pushed me over" Lance yelled from the ground.

"Shawn" I warned and he sighed.

"Let's go fix your broken arm" Cole says while he glared at Shawn.

"It's not broken! You're just over-reacting!" Shawn scowled as they disappeared.

"What did you do?" I asked seriously and he sighed.

"Fine, I got a little angry when Lance was being persistent on helping me" he admits.

"Why Shawn?" I asked.

"Because I want to be the one to fix everything up and show you how much I can do" he confessed and my heart warmed.

"That's so sweet Shawn. I love you so much for trying baby, but the boys are here to help you too" I say and he smiled.

"You're still a strong hunk of a daddy, even with some help" I say and he grinned proudly.

"I love you too" he smiled before pressing a kiss to my lips.

He's going to be the best dad ever, I already know...
*
*
*
A/N: I'm still eating burgers and tanning on beaches :)